First this is a Lang build of CM9. Its not finished, but so far the ... Android Smartphones forum

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional

Ice Cream Sandwich on Galaxy Tab 10.1 first impressions

Advertisement

First this is a Lang build of CM9. Its not finished, but so far the only no working element I've found is the camera.

These are first impressions. I've managed to only get it installed and restore my apps. Updating most right now.

At first glance it looks a lot like Honeycomb. However after you start playing with it you notice that even as it is now its got advantages over HC 3.2.

Animations run smoothly, and seems to be a little quicker than HC, however I think that could just be me being a little excited. I'm digging the swipe to remove notifications, really like that feature.

I'll post more as I play with this morning if anyone is interested. Once the CM team releases the official I can see this will be beautiful.

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Ignoring the builds bugs (since ics rollout will have those issues solves, as will CM 9 official)

Overall it feels like a tidied up version of honeycomb. It isn't, its much more, but if anyone is expecting tab version to be amazingly different, you'll be disappointed.

What it is, is quick and powerful enough to eliminate some (if not all) of honeycombed shortcomings. I like the graphical improvements but most importantly I like that the browser is finally quick and responsive. Typing text in these boxes is no longer frustrating.

Seems that the cyanogen team will not disappoint. I look forward to the official build. I hate using a kang before the official is out but impatience sprouted from my frustration getting AOSP on the Evo 3D.

Current bugs found in THIS build:
    A few random forcecloses with the launcher.
    Screen flickers (screen goes black for about a second) now and then. Appears random
    Boot animation wrong size.

I can live with it as long as these don't make it into final.