Hey PS family. I need your opinion. I'm on the fence about upgrading from the Galaxy S3 to the Note 2. I have an upgrade, and the cost is $299. I'm sure I can get $300 for this GS3, so the money is a wash.
The N2 is faster
The screen size is appealing to me
It's resale value will be quite a bit more than the S3
I truly like this S3
Its virtually brand new
I've got an extremely stable root
I've got all my apps and ROMs running like a top with zero problems
I really don't want the hassle of rooting the N2
I agree with Jay, but the Note 2 is mighty tempting. I´ve tried it, and it runs circles around the S3. Plus all the other features it has.
Big is beautiful. One consideration though. I think if you decide to root and rom the Note 2, the on board features that make it special, I think, do disappear. I´d make sure of this first.
There Glenn, you could guess my suggestion, right?
Thanks Del. Also valid points. As a certified smartphone addict I'm eager to get the latest greatest, but the practical side is saying no. Sigh. One thing I have learned, when unsure, stand pat. Still weighing the two.
Well on a whim I put this S3 on Craigslist to trade it plus cash for a N2. A guy offered to trade me a mint N1 even up, which I declined. Then he offered to buy it outright. I shot him a highball price and he bit. Soooooo, I just got off the phone with ATT and my new N2 will be here Wednesday. I'm happy. I didn't really want to but all the pieces just fell into place.