Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

I'm myopic and it's fine...you don't need a bigger screen. You need glasses! As for ... Android Smartphones forum

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!

Advertisement

I'm myopic and it's fine...you don't need a bigger screen. You need glasses! As for you BHP, I flip flop just to grate the guys here on PinStack. I'm targeting one buddy right now!
    Last edited by Delfim; 05-02-2013 at 04:05 PM.

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Blah.

BP41 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    7B47F4DA
    Samsung Store in BestBuy. Pic from the S4.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    PapaMag, RogerG, Delfim and 1 others like this.

I've been thinking it over and I believe we are going to wait. I predict Note 3 and Galaxy 5 unless the next nexus is impressive.

PIN/ID
    7B47F4DA
    Quote Originally Posted by jfcooley View Post
    I've been thinking it over and I believe we are going to wait. I predict Note 3 and Galaxy 5 unless the next nexus is impressive.
    I played with it a bit more today. I'm still getting use to the UI but I'm getting pretty good. I'm going back tomorrow also. I'm still impressed.
    It does have some lag, unfortunately. I've turned most of the fancy features off and it still has it. It's was quite frustrating knowing how much power this this has and it still has this issue. That said, my goal tomorrow is to adjust the settings to help with that. How much this will help, I'm not sure. If you have any suggestions on what you would do, please throw them out to me.
    I will say this, it is nice to hold and it doesn't feel as if you're holding a 5" device. Plastic and all, they have done a great job on design. I know a lot have said that it doesn't feel that much different from the S3, but to me, it's night and day. Anywho, give me some pointers for tomorrow and I can see that a set-up S3 would be just as good as the S4(minus the screen, it's great, like really good) so I can see why you could wait.

Most likely the lag comes from being a demo. I'd guess it has a crap load of widgets set up. I don't know, I find tw to be fairly smooth just ugly.

Speed it up? Root and get rid of the bloat. Stop all that crap from starting up.

If I had it it'd be rooted with whatever is out for it, preferably AOSP. I've said it before, tw weighs in at over 1 GB, AOSP around 400 mb.

Anywhoo, glad you are digging it.

PIN/ID
    7B47F4DA
    Most likely the lag comes from being a demo. I'd guess it has a crap load of widgets set up. I don't know, I find tw to be fairly smooth just ugly.

Speed it up? Root and get rid of the bloat. Stop all that crap from starting up.

If I had it it'd be rooted with whatever is out for it, preferably AOSP. I've said it before, tw weighs in at over 1 GB, AOSP around 400 mb.

Anywhoo, glad you are digging it.
    Hmmmm, it did have a lot of widgets. I got ride of some and their was a lot running. Although it still had 1GB of mem unused. I'll kill most of that tomorrow. Thanks. And yes, I am digging it. A LOT actually.

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Root and over clock FTW. If you get it and do this, you will notice a remarkable increase in speed. Get rid of all the bloatware.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

bmay82 no está en línea Stack Professional
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerG View Post
    ^^^ Same here, dude. I was a champ with BlackBerry and got really comfortable with the iPhone, but for some reason I have a mental block when it comes to 'Droid, rooting, etc. Glenn has said if he can do it, so can we, but man, it just seems so complicated comparatively. I'm just getting old..... lol
    It's seriously easy guys......it's like anything else out there....the 1st time is always scary but each time after it gets easier and easier. I haven't messed with it in months but I guarentee I could pick one up and do it with my eyes closed.
    Apple iPhone 5C 16gb (Green)

Follow Me on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Delfim View Post
    Someone better hold the Apple fortress here... Yeah. PS has become home to Android crazies... We need some balance here.
    Don't worry Del I'm holding down the Apple side of things
    Delfim likes this.

Follow Me on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by BHP41 View Post
    Hmmmm, it did have a lot of widgets. I got ride of some and their was a lot running. Although it still had 1GB of mem unused. I'll kill most of that tomorrow. Thanks. And yes, I am digging it. A LOT actually.
    AOSP screamed on my S3.....I can only imagine how fast it would be on the new S4....I doubt you'd have lag at all!

Follow Me on Twitter

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    So.....Brendon. Didja get it??

PIN/ID
    7B47F4DA
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerG View Post
    So.....Brendon. Didja get it??
    Not yet. Waiting on Verizon. Haven't decided if I'm going to use an upgrade or just buy it yet either. Leaning towards buying it and using my upgrade for the 5S this fall.

I haven't been keeping up with it. Have they unlocked the boot loader yet?

PIN/ID
    7B47F4DA
    I haven't been keeping up with it. Have they unlocked the boot loader yet?
    On AT&T. Although they aren't releasing the tool until the Verizon model comes out. The exploit they used, they don't want patched before it is released. So AT&T yes, Verizon, still a maybe.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast