Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

More less just for a change of pace but ironically the biggest reason I've been ... Android Smartphones forum

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?

I too have been contemplating getting the S4

Advertisement

More less just for a change of pace but ironically the biggest reason I've been thinking about it is the screen size. I say ironically because in the past I've been against the bigger screens. I guess my old man eyes are ready to try something bigger. The only OS things that I have missed from android was google navigation (iPhone now has that) and better widgets. Iphone has comparable widgets but they can't draw info from apps like calendar and tasks. What other goodies could help sway my decision?
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    I'm surprised you two aren't waiting to see what Apple drops later.

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    The ability to gain root access. Then flash a dozen or so ROMs, and save them as back ups on your 32 or 64 gig SD card. Then when you get tired of that one, boot into recovery, do a quick data wipe, restore the new ROM and you have a new look, new is on your device. Takes like four minutes to do what I just described. Drag and drop all your stuff onto the SD card. No more iTunes. You can over clock with the push of a button, etc, etc. Go for it.
    jfcooley likes this.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    And all that from the pen (heck, keyboard) of 'The Once' Lord of Pinstack and iOS Duke of Pilsbury, Sovereign of Jaibreaks and Knight of Themes. He has rejected all these titles and joined the masses. Glenn is now The Lord of The Droids, the Primo ROM Kamasutra Mogul, The Root of Android Apocalypse.
    Geez, how time changes mind sets!
    As for you Jay, not a word...!
    Last edited by Delfim; 05-01-2013 at 02:40 PM.
    bmay82 likes this.

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by jfcooley View Post
    I've already decided that I won't upgrade to a new iPhone till it's jailbroken and I'm going to skip the 5s any way. I'm sure I'll get the i6 when it drops...probably even before it's jailbroken. I am weak
    Quote Originally Posted by chokem View Post
    The ability to gain root access. Then flash a dozen or so ROMs, and save them as back ups on your 32 or 64 gig SD card. Then when you get tired of that one, boot into recovery, do a quick data wipe, restore the new ROM and you have a new look, new is on your device. Takes like four minutes to do what I just described. Drag and drop all your stuff onto the SD card. No more iTunes. You can over clock with the push of a button, etc, etc. Go for it.
    Yeah I forgot about the USB mode...very nice. I hate iTunes. ROMS are pretty cool. Kinda like changing themes on iPhone right? Dang it's been so long since my Incredible I can't remember too much.
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

BP41 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    7B47F4DA
    Quote Originally Posted by jfcooley View Post
    I'm keeping my i5. So I have that. I don't see a radical design change coming from Apple this year. It's just not what they do. I am however, very interested in what iOS 7 brings. It's kind of the same for me also, just a change of pace. The screen size thing isn't an issue for me. But to go bigger, it needs to bring solid useful features. Things I'll use every day. I think that the S4 can do this. It's the incorporating an Android into my Apple ecosystem that I'm going to have to work around.

Wow!! I said I didn't care about root but, if it's that easy now, I will rethink. Especially with the reported 8 GB of bloatware and who knws what else VZW will add. I don't think that it's all bloatware, if it's useful. I'm talking about the Samsung stuff.

I have no issue with iTunes. I actually like it. How well Android gets along with my OSX is going to be key.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    I had the MacBookAir with all the Google Apps possible. At the time I had the Android as well, no hassles ever. But maybe I didn't use it as much as you guys do...

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    One you get rooted, the rest is easy. You pick a ROM you like, make a nandroid back up of it with all your apps etc installed, save it to your SD card. Then go onto another and do the same thing. If something happens and you get an endless boot loop, simply manually put your phone into recovery and install one of the back ups on your SD card. I have like 8 right now saved on my card.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    *sigh*
    Delfim likes this.

PIN/ID
    7B47F4DA
    Quote Originally Posted by Delfim View Post
    I had the MacBookAir with all the Google Apps possible. At the time I had the Android as well, no hassles ever. But maybe I didn't use it as much as you guys do...
    Sweet!! This is good. I'm browsing around right now to see what software I need. Do you have any suggestions?

PIN/ID
    7B47F4DA
    One you get rooted, the rest is easy. You pick a ROM you like, make a nandroid back up of it with all your apps etc installed, save it to your SD card. Then go onto another and do the same thing. If something happens and you get an endless boot loop, simply manually put your phone into recovery and install one of the back ups on your SD card. I have like 8 right now saved on my card.
    OK, You're getting my inner geek excited because it's that easy nowadays. Man have things changed.
    Delfim likes this.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerG View Post
    *sigh*
    these Droid chaps are a miserable lot aren't they?

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    Root em up, just make sure you always flash for the device in hand, as long as you follow that rule it's really hard to hard brick a android.

Samsung Galaxy S4
    Asus Nexus 7
    Nook Color

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Quote Originally Posted by BHP41 View Post
    Sweet!! This is good. I'm browsing around right now to see what software I need. Do you have any suggestions?
    Nope, sorry ! It's been a while. But I'll soon be getting a Mac all over again. And I'll be looking myself.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaMag View Post
    Root em up, just make sure you always flash for the device in hand, as long as you follow that rule it's really hard to hard brick a android.
    Just what Roger meant - "sigh" !! Go away ...

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast