So there are several factors which contribute to the consumption of your G1 battery, so ... Android Smartphones forum

madetosink no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23FC9D3F

How to get better battery life with G1

Advertisement

So there are several factors which contribute to the consumption of your G1 battery, so I don't want to claim this as a sure-fire way to see improvement. But it worked for me so here it goes.

Take your G1 and drain the battery entirely. Like until it cuts off on its own. Try and turn it on, and don't stop until you're sure there's nothing left. It may cut on a few times so just keep trying ( mine only does once usually). Once again once you're sure its dead, leave it off and put it on the charger (preferably a wall charger...not usb). Let it charge until green light shows and then charge additional 2 hours.

I pulled my phone off charger today around 945 and I'm still at 67%. Ill be continuing this process for a while but it has dramatically improved thus far.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

banglaberry no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2569B255
    This is a standard procedure for most new phones/batteries. I have done the same with my G1. But like most HTC devices, the G1 is a battery guzzler. Try using data services or wifi and you'll see what I mean.
    Last edited by banglaberry; 04-05-2009 at 11:15 AM.

uberspeed no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24aa4e29
    Cycling batteries was for Nickel Cadmium, I don't recall Nickel Metal Hydride. Lithium Ion does not like to be cycled.
    For the G1 check the app Power Manager.

banglaberry no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2569B255
    Quote Originally Posted by uberspeed View Post
    Cycling batteries was for Nickel Cadmium, I don't recall Nickel Metal Hydride. Lithium Ion does not like to be cycled.
    For the G1 check the app Power Manager.
    The power manager is good. Switches automatically from one mode to another as the battery is consumed. However, it really doesn't help much. Especially, when the battery is fully charged, power manager puts the wifi on. That eats up battery. You have to go to settings, after recharging and put wifi off. That's a headache

jusMikeP no está en línea Stack level 3
    I would not recommend completely draining a Lithium Ion battery either. Lithium Ions typically like frequent charging, running them completely dead is not good. If you are really unhappy with your battery life I'd suggest purchasing an extended life battery. This one from fommy works well for me and it works with the standard battery door so you don't have to sacrafice style for decent battery life.

http://www.fommy.com/view-full-page....G1&skuno=81931

li2327 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    30D2E555
    Turning off 3g has really helped my battery life.

WhitePearlPXL no está en línea Stack level 4
    Just give up and buy a new battery. I got an oem size 1600mah li-ion on ebay.
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.5; en-us; T-Mobile G1 Build/CRC1) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1