I just looked at my Goolge checkout account and saw that I have 106 paid ... Android Smartphones forum

rdills no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?

How Many Paid Apps Do You Own?

Advertisement

I just looked at my Goolge checkout account and saw that I have 106 paid apps, games, and themes. I have over 250 apps total and still haven't put a dent in my Droid X huge 8GB of internal memory!

So am I the only Stacker buying Android apps like crazy?
    You can't learn anything if you're talking!

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Lol. I was there with ya when ihad a android. Think I was in the 50 range. Seems that a lot of android folks look for the free apps. Even devs have said that paid apps don't do as well on android. You should starry a poll of " would you live with ads if the app is free". Would be inteesting. My brother and friend have the droid x. They seem to enjoy them. Nice devices.

When are we going to get a droid tablet forum??? You're posting front page now bro, use some of that pull.

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    I have paid for a total of 3 apps!! Might be 4 if I do docs to go!! There are to many free apps out there to pay for very many...

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Guess we ought to create some new forums for tablets now, huh?

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    When you say paid you mean actual money coming outta my pocket or paid apps I have on my phone thanks to my jailbroken phone? I have about 45 apps which range from $5 to $39.99 each? (for free)
    Last edited by raton; 01-13-2011 at 11:14 PM.
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

SeRViiCiiO no está en línea Stack level 5
    i've bought about 5 or 6 apps/games
    Phone: T-Mo S4- Stock-Rooted

[Former]
    Device: T-Mobile S3
    Device: HTC Amaze 4G
    Device: HTC Vision (T-Mobile G2)
    Device: BlackBerry (9700, 8900,8320,8120,8100)

PIN/ID
    Huh?
    Quote Originally Posted by BHP77 View Post
    Lol. I was there with ya when ihad a android. Think I was in the 50 range. Seems that a lot of android folks look for the free apps. Even devs have said that paid apps don't do as well on android. You should starry a poll of " would you live with ads if the app is free". Would be inteesting. My brother and friend have the droid x. They seem to enjoy them. Nice devices.

When are we going to get a droid tablet forum??? You're posting front page now bro, use some of that pull.
    Thats true! Android owners do seem to gravitate towards the free apps. Thats because most of the free apps are really well made. But some are not, and you usually get a very high quality app when you pay for it. I do believe an easier payment method, like charging paid apps to your phone bill, will increase sales greatly. I remember when all the apps for Android was free and they were pretty nice. It took quite awhile for paid apps to even enter the market. But I enjoy buying them, and supporting the developers hard work. Plus they increase the function & enjoyment of my DX so why not?

Yes we do need a tablet section. I'm getting the Xoom the day its released!

PIN/ID
    Huh?
    The paid apps are on another level than the free apps. For example, try the "Power Amp" music player 15 day free trial and try not to buy it! This thing amazing if you like music! I'll be doing reviews on some of these great paid/free apps over the next few weeks.

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Double post

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Quote Originally Posted by raton View Post
    When you say paid you mean actual money coming outta my pocket or paid apps I have on my phone thanks to my jailbroken phone? I have about 45 apps which range from $5 to $39.99 each? (for free)
    That's called theft. Why not support the developers that WORKED to create that app you love so much???
    Last edited by BHP77; 01-19-2011 at 11:45 PM.

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Quote Originally Posted by rdills View Post
    The paid apps are on another level than the free apps. For example, try the "Power Amp" music player 15 day free trial and try not to buy it! This thing amazing if you like music! I'll be doing reviews on some of these great paid/free apps over the next few weeks.
    You have that right. Though not always is this the case, most of the time it is. Plus, I really get annoyed with some of the ads.

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    When I release my app to the app store I too want them to steal it... It's not stealing, it's ingenuity and persistence for the have nots like me
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

PIN/ID
    Huh?
    Quote Originally Posted by raton View Post
    It's not stealing, it's ingenuity and persistence
    Well lets hope Android users are less ingenious and persistent than iphone users or the developers will never eat!lol

have nots like me
    Yeah right Mr. Iphone 4!