Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Currently I've installed 12 AntiViruses but it makes my phone a little slow so what ... Android Smartphones forum

KTW
    KTW no está en línea Stack level 5

how many anti-viruses do i need in order to be safe ?

Advertisement

Currently I've installed 12 AntiViruses but it makes my phone a little slow so what to do ?

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    12? Geez. One good one should suffice. Snap Secure is probably the only one you'll need. Lookout is free, though.
    KTW likes this.

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    +1

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Geez KTW you've got a anti-virus for every possible virus. Whoa, one is enough.
    And it probably it wont find a virus for the life of the phone. Thats my experience.
    Lookout is fine. Another one is Bitdefender. Quite good both of them.
    KTW likes this.

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    What's an anti-virus?
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Quote Originally Posted by chokem View Post
    What's an anti-virus?
    I notice your irony Glenn. There's no need as far as I'm concerned. Never had a problem. Snapsecure is an adornment...and I have it on the iPhone as well.
    I'm having a java problem with my MacBook Air though...I had to buy MacKeeper to fix it.

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Ok 12 antivirus programs is definitely over the top and in the majority they will be working against each other rather than making you safer. It is far better to chose one reliable program and stick with it.

Once you are using the one you like do not be complacent and assume because you have a program running you are safe, or in Glen's case assume because IOS does rarely gets viruses you are safe, it only needs one to penetrate the system!! Keep aware of how your phone/computer/tablet is performing if it slows down or starts acting oddly check it out, do regular scans, keep it backed up so you can recover the system if necessary. Don't believe the hype out there that IOS cannot get viruses as Del stated it has happened, and as Apple gets more users and makes more money there will be more incentives for those people that like to make your life h*&l out there to write the code to attack IOS

You should also remember that Viruses are not the only problems out there, your phone/tablet/computer can be hacked to obtain passwords personal information and banking details, this is probably far worst than having a virus. IOS is just as vulnerable as any of the other operating systems to this.

So in short stay aware, ensure you have secure passwords (no using PASSWORD or 123456 or 98764, or your birthday etc are not secure options for passwords)
    srl7741 and KTW like this.
    Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful, and optimistic. And we will change the world. - Jack Layton (1950-2011)
    Blackberry PlayBook 64GB Nokia 1020, Microsoft Surface PRO 2

KTW
    What's an anti-virus?
    Do you do banking ?

KTW
    Ok I've tested all of them including lookout, AVG, Norton, Avast and other not so popular ones.

I did a full mulware search on the same device without deleting any threats that the anti viruses found, Dr.Web found the most so ill go with it.

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    So you actually found malware?

Anyone surprised?
    KTW likes this.

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Quote Originally Posted by KTW View Post
    Do you do banking ?
    Man, I live in the foothills of the Ozark Mountains. That being said, you know I dont do banks. We keep our money buried in a Mason jar in the back yard. Dog keeps digging it up though.
    KTW likes this.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

KTW
    Can i have your address please and where exactly is it buried and how much is in it ?

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Man, I live in the foothills of the Ozark Mountains. That being said, you know I dont do banks. We keep our money buried in a Mason jar in the back yard. Dog keeps digging it up though.
    I have a beagle which is an expert garden landscaper. I'm gonna pass your digs and see what it comes up with. Your dogs won't mind. The beagle is friendly...And he likes iPhones too. Ask my daughter ...

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    My Rottie doesn't dig (well unless she has to hide an unwanted visitor after she has finished with him), you need to train your dog to only dig up the jar when you need it!!
    Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful, and optimistic. And we will change the world. - Jack Layton (1950-2011)
    Blackberry PlayBook 64GB Nokia 1020, Microsoft Surface PRO 2

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by KTW View Post
    Currently I've installed 12 AntiViruses but it makes my phone a little slow so what to do ?
    12 lol.

You need a total of 16 anti-virus programs if youre serious about security.

Let me know when you installed 4 more and we can go from there. I know various battery charging methods that fight malware too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast