Hi Guys, I new here. Just saying Hello (as suggested to the newbies)If anyone knows ... Android Smartphones forum

MzGEM84 no está en línea Stack level 1

Smile Hi Guys, need help with swype

Advertisement

Hi Guys, I new here. Just saying Hello (as suggested to the newbies)If anyone knows how to correct my Swype issue I would greatly appreciate itI just opened my new MyTouch 3.5 Mm Jack (with Swpye pre-installed) and I'm getting a not configured message. Can anyone help?Thanks in advance.

lacroixn no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    27FFB707
    Just saying Welcome!

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Sorry this got missed yesterday. Are you still having trouble? Can you post the exact/complete error and what you are trying to do when you see it?
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

MzGEM84 no está en línea Stack level 1
    It says The Swype package you installed is configured for another device and cannot run on this device. Please contact Swype about the issue.The sad part is I posted this on their forum, however without enough votes, my comment will never be read (LOSERS)Thanks for your rapid response. I appreciate it.
    I get this message anytime I go to Input Method>Swype. THe keyboard pops up, but then I get the message
    Last edited by MzGEM84; 05-22-2010 at 05:26 PM. Reason: Left out info

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Did you buy the device new or used?

If you switch to another touch keyboard then try to switch back to swype do you still get the message?

I had a similar issue with one of the swype beta versions but switching to another keyboard then switching back to swype fixed it.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

PIN/ID
    Apple
    http://www.mediafire.com/?5fzmtyztjdx , there is the link for Swype for your device. It only has English and Spanish. try installing that one and see if it works. Let me know

EDIT: you are gong to need to allow "unknown sources" to install. Settings>Applications>unknown sources(check). Not sure what's going on with your device but ui hope this gets you up and running with swype.

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Did you get swype working??