My company issued me a Treo with Goodlink and I absolutely hate the device because ... Android Smartphones forum

rekognize no está en línea Stack level 1

Help...Goodlink Sucks

Advertisement

My company issued me a Treo with Goodlink and I absolutely hate the device because of it poor perfomance, battery, crashes. I find it very frustrating that when I'm at a meeting all the blackberry users are up and running while i struggle to get any signal or its frozen.

The question I have is if I purchase the BB 8100 when released, is there any possible way to get my work email on the BB despite the fact that our company is on Goodlink? In other words...is there a bridge 3rd party software?

Appreciate any suggestions, advice.
    Thanks
    -Mike

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Re: Help...Goodlink Sucks

Rekognize, First of all, Welcome to the Stacks!

I do not believe there is any bridge software. Because Goodlink and BB run on Enterprise Servers, your company would need to have BES in order for you to obtain your work email.

Team, please let me know if I am mistaken.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Hello rekognize, welcome to pinstack.com. A real easy solution would be to forward your work email to your BB email address. You will receive it immediately as if you were on a BES. If I ever have issues with my BES I forward all emails using outlook and they appear almost like normal. You just wont be able to create emails using your work email address.

zycron no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23D2F2C1

Actually you can change the "reply to" address to read your work address. It will not sync with work without BES, but that is minor for me.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D

Another angle to view this from is: forget good-whatever.

Your company must have some type of email server. If it is POP3, IMAP, or Exchange with OWA, then you can set up your email account with BIS.

You won't have wireless sync with address book/calendar/tasks/etc, but you will have BlackBerry email.

Hope our comments help with your decision making.

jlesh no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23D95340

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Maybe send out a company-wide e-mail and see if anyone else is using a BB and get their input on how they get their e-mail. I'm sure you're not the only one who hates the Treo(I had one before getting my BB and know it's a very "hate-able" device). Otherwise, what the others said here about getting your messages forwarded to your BB or other "pushable" e-mail address should work for you. Good luck!

rush88 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30156d2b

Quote Originally Posted by Lewis

Another angle to view this from is: forget good-whatever.

Your company must have some type of email server. If it is POP3, IMAP, or Exchange with OWA, then you can set up your email account with BIS.

You won't have wireless sync with address book/calendar/tasks/etc, but you will have BlackBerry email.

Hope our comments help with your decision making.
    Yeah, my school uses Exchange but doesn't have BES, so I just entered my email address and password in BIS. Again, no calendar/task/notes sync, but it works for me