Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Glad to see you back, Cat. I am (was?) thinking of getting the Incredible until ... Android Smartphones forum

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!

Advertisement

Glad to see you back, Cat. I am (was?) thinking of getting the Incredible until I read yours and Az's bit about the screen. I'm still with the 8330 so I'm sure it would be a "night and day" difference for me but I don't want to go with a "big" display and get an inferior picture, color or brightness. I'd almost rather go with the Moto Droid to get a decent display. The superior camera on the Incredible isn't enough to swing me either - I use the camera less than anything on my phone.

I'll look forward to your review when you've had more time to play with it and everyone's comments as well. Glad you're back!
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    Glad to see you back, Cat. I am (was?) thinking of getting the Incredible until I read yours and Az's bit about the screen. I'm still with the 8330 so I'm sure it would be a "night and day" difference for me but I don't want to go with a "big" display and get an inferior picture, color or brightness. I'd almost rather go with the Moto Droid to get a decent display. The superior camera on the Incredible isn't enough to swing me either - I use the camera less than anything on my phone.

I'll look forward to your review when you've had more time to play with it and everyone's comments as well. Glad you're back!
    what was my "bit" about the screen? i love it. az was the one who said it wasn't as nice as the droids. i have both devices in hand and they both have some of the best displays in the market. the AMOLED (active matrix organic light emitting diode) screen on the incredible is....well incredible.
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

PIN/ID
    wut?
    o....and as far as the battery goes...jury is still out...this is my 4th day with the device but on day 3 i went almost 13 hrs till it went down to 13% and i plugged it in. that was wirh medium to heavy use...you know i was playing with it non-stop.

Quote Originally Posted by catstide View Post
    what was my "bit" about the screen? i love it. az was the one who said it wasn't as nice as the droids. i have both devices in hand and they both have some of the best displays in the market. the AMOLED (active matrix organic light emitting diode) screen on the incredible is....well incredible.
    Sorry, it was rdills comment on the screen brightness. You said you hadn't been able to test for the cloudy weather. I assumed too much and got the comments a little confused as to who said what.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

PIN/ID
    wut?
    by the way...if any of my old stacker buds use gtalk and wanna stay in touch add me catstide@gmail.com i have stayed in touch with a few troublemakers like az,moto,lucifer and a few others.

Quote Originally Posted by catstide View Post
    o....and as far as the battery goes...jury is still out...this is my 4th day with the device but on day 3 i went almost 13 hrs till it went down to 13% and i plugged it in. that was wirh medium to heavy use...you know i was playing with it non-stop.
    I'd consider13 hours with heavy usage pretty darn good! This comment from ihatemytreo bothers me though:
    Battery life sucked eggs. Sure, I followed all the tips, installed Juice Defender, and turned off Weather, Location, Wi-Fi, BT, but the battery went dead anywhere between 5 and 9 hours depending on whether I used the camera or internet. And push email also drained it faster. So WHY get a great phone if you have to disable all the cool stuff?

PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    I'd consider13 hours with heavy usage pretty darn good! This comment from ihatemytreo bothers me though:
    yeah 13 hrs is great..i always carry a spare too(i think it's a sickness)...just haven't been able to find one yet

yeah i have read several stories about terrible battery life.there are a lot of theories on why some have good performance and some don't.i think the main reason is patience....however i think ihatemytreo said he had his for 10 days. as far as my settings,i didn't disable anything ...well i wasn't running wifi or bluetooth but i had gps and mobile network going all the time.i had screen set to maximum brightness(i just like it that way).my weather,facebook and twitter accounts were set to refresh every hour. i'm just hoping yesterday wasn't a fluke and my battery stays as good.
    my first 2 days i really didn't test the battery too much because i had it charging on and off a lot.

I'll keep watching you and you keep testing. I'm very interested in seeing this phone succeed for selfish reasons - I don't mind saying that cuz it's true. Someday maybe I can return the favor.

MHutch30 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    cnAsk4it
    Any update on the battery life, Cats?
    The cops never think it's as funny as you do...

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by MHutch30 View Post
    Any update on the battery life, Cats?
    He posted a more on that here.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

MHutch30 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    cnAsk4it
    ^^ thx
    The cops never think it's as funny as you do...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12