Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

i miss you guys...haven't posted here in a long time since i went to the ... Android Smartphones forum

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?

hello peeps

Advertisement

i miss you guys...haven't posted here in a long time since i went to the darkside(android).i just got the incredible and what can i say?....it's incredible....just wanted to say hey and if you have any incredible questions,ask away.
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    How is it compared to the Moto Droid, battery life, is the screen easier or harder to see outdoors? I have heard it is lighter weight than the Droid. You should post up a review and some pics for us(me) to drool over How is the camera? Do you like the new Sense UI? Is it faster/snappier than your overclocked Droid?

and PS, update your siggy, still got your old BB apps listed
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

PIN/ID
    wut?
    hey az...i updated it to say incredible .

i loved my moto but is a big step forward. the only way the moto trumps the incredible is the physical keyboard if you like one.me,i hated it so it is a big plus for me.

battery life... hard to say so soon.since getting it i haven't went through a normal day...work and such. i have always carried a spare battery around with me so this probably won't be an issue for me.it is suspect though as others have reported poor battery life.

screen visibility outdoors...again haven't been able to test this too much.it's been pretty cloudy here since i got it. i could barely see my moto in sunlight so i don't expect the inc to be any better.again other reviews have this as a downside.

weight compared to moto...it is much lighter. i love the weight and feel of it. i have the verizon black gel case on it and it feels great. not a fan of verizon accessories but this case is a definate winner.
    camera...best one i have used on a phone. much better than the moto camera,which was always kinda wonky IMO.

sense UI...absolutely amazing.i love it.

speed compared to overclocked moto... i had my moto overclocked to 1.1gHz and it was running smoothly and very fast. the incredible is smoother and faster.on the browser when i load a site it is very fast...just a few seconds but the thing that amazes me is when i get to a site like braves.com(poor braves) the links i click on within it are rendered instantly. i mean like click and your there. my pc doesn't even render them that fast.

i'll just leave my BB apps in my sig because they were my fav BB apps...unless you think i need to remove it.they may be outdated.

I'm going to the vzw store today to play with one, trying to get my mom to get one so I can play with hers all the time

I would not miss the keyboard, the only key I ever use is the X if I am booting into recovery mode to change ROMs lol. Actually I did use the keyboard when I was playing with the Fennec browser since I could not get the touch keyboards to work with it.....but for the most part, physical keyboard not needed.

The Droid camera is good and bad, takes really great macro shots, and most outdoor shots are decent, but indoors

Gonna have to see that Sense UI for myself, heard it is much nicer on the Incredible than it was on the Eris.....

Oh, and leave the BB list, there are some classic must have apps there
    Twitter? My Apps List

PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post

Oh, and leave the BB list, there are some classic must have apps there
    k...i changed the wording of it so it would be more appropriate

rdills no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    I played with the Incredible the other day and didn't like it. It just felt cheap to me being all plastic. The Moto Droid's screen is hands down better. Its clearer and brighter side by side. The incredible's screen was NOT Visible at all on the lowest setting in the store with moderate lighting (forget about direct sunlight) but my Droid was crystal clear. Text isn't as crisp either. It was a half second faster on everything I tried and Sense UI is nice but its a double edged sword as far as upgrades and 'Froyo' is right around the corner. The camera destroys the Droid's cam. Its a nice fast device but not enough to warrant $550.00 or extra line if you have the Moto Droid already. Build quality on the Droid is spectacular and has yet to be matched by HTC with the Nexus or the Incredible.
    You can't learn anything if you're talking!

Posting from Incredible.....
    Twitter? My Apps List

rdills no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    So whatcha think AZ?
    You can't learn anything if you're talking!

Well, I only played with it for about 10 minutes, the VZW store was crowded and only had one Incredible on display.I kept hearing people going, no that's the old one(referring to the moto droid), SHE has the new one. I felt like I was going to get beat up if I played with it any longer lol.

The camera was awesome! The indoor pics I took were sharp, clear, and the colors were very true, the Moto Droid really lacks in that area. Also it seemed just a tad faster than the Droid camera in saving pics and being ready for the next. The Sense UI was nice b ut different, it would take a bit of getting used to, and the home/back buttons were placed differently. I liked the optical joystick, it is useful in some situations and better than sliding out the keyboard and using the d-pad on the Moto Droid. It was very light weight compared to my Moto, but it did not seem cheap to me at all. It still seemed well designed and built but since I was tethered to the store display I could not get a real feel of how it is in the hand.

The browser did seem a bit faster on some sites, but not fast enough to make me regret my Droid. The thing I really didn't like was the screen. I navigated to this thread with the Incredible and my Droid side by side. Both phones were set to max screen brightness and the Incredible's display was darker, quite noticeably darker, and had a blueish tint compared to the bright Moto Droid screen. While the Moto Droid can be hard to see the screen in bright light, this leads me to believe that the Incredible may be worse. Of course I could not test it since I was tethered to the Display in the store.

Overall, I think it's a great phone, but I am not ready to sell a kidney so I can buy the phone.....but if I could pick one up used, cheaper, I may do it.....I really like the camera and optical joystick......but the screen makes me think I would like it as a second phone rather than my only phone. That's my first impression anyway....I will play with one again.....I am an incorrigible phone fondler
    Twitter? My Apps List

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Nice to see you back Catstide. I'm giving strong consideration to jumping to Android this year if OS 6 isn't everything RIM is making it out to be. So I love reviews by other device pros.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by MStrawder View Post
    Nice to see you back Catstide. I'm giving strong consideration to jumping to Android this year if OS 6 isn't everything RIM is making it out to be. So I love reviews by other device pros.
    good to see some old friends

PIN/ID
    wut?
    i'll give a better review in a few weeks when i've had time to really check it out.

PIN/ID
    Apple
    LCD vs LED, both good. AMOLED is not good in direct sunlight but will give the cleaner picture side by side, despite brightness. This is not opinion but fact. I can see where this may be an issue for some. It's the nature of the tech. We all like to play with phones in the store but that's not any where near enough time to truly make accurate comparisons to other devices. We all choose our devices based on these then a lot of times we find that our initial assumptions were completely wrong. Some times we like something and end up hating it and vise versa. Congrats on the the new Android and eagerly looking forward to the complete review by an experienced Pinstacker. LOL @ azsatr, I too find my self at the cell store for no other reason than to play with a new device for a few moments. Always remember to load pinstack in the browser,lol.

ganns1980 no está en línea Themes Pro
    I'm trying to convince my boss to get an Incredible so I can play with it!

"...an incorrigible phone fondler" I love it!
    Proof of absence is not absence of proof.

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Welcome back Cat. Long time no see.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast