Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

If you want movies right now DL the LukLuk player from the market! Register for ... Android Smartphones forum

rdills no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?

Advertisement

If you want movies right now DL the LukLuk player from the market! Register for free to get the full selection.
    You can't learn anything if you're talking!

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Thanks, DL it now. Anything else you recommend. Going to do the searches tonight on here about things like this.

PIN/ID
    Huh?
    Assuming they work for your shinny new 2.1, heres 5 quick must haves!

Ringdroid
    Gmote 2.0
    Imusic
    Where
    Astro file manager

PIN/ID
    Apple
    OK. So for the fist hours of using it all I can say is this thing is fast. Really fast. The screen is awesome. Hands down the best one I've seen. Going from screen to screenis smooth and flawless. I'm still loading Alps and love the fact that I can download more than one at one time. The trackball is a nice touch when you need to go back and edit text other than that I haven't used it. Speaker is definatly better the iPhone. Being able to run multiple apps is great. That's it for now. I'll post a full review after a week so I have time to experiance the device in many differant scenarios. As far as any questions or request
    , feel free to post or pm me and I will answer then a promptly as I can.
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1; en-us; Nexus One Build/ERD79) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    How's the battery life compared to the iPhone?
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

mobile99 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by pdxmatts View Post
    How's the battery life compared to the iPhone?
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16
    My Droid's battery outlasts my iPhone3Gs by approx 25% with the exact same type of usage.

This surprised me, so I asked some of my other friends with Droids (3) that also have, or have had, iPhone3Gs models like mine and they agree that they are experiencing much better battery life.

YMMV

Just got my N1 and have not done any battery testing yet (too new)

siccmade no está en línea Stack level 4
    im so mad with gogle and tmo on how they are handling this whole upgrade thing...
    TMO:MYTOUCH 3G SLIDE
    ROM:SlideMeRoot5r1
    KERNEL:2.6.29-5F8ED14

What happened?

Quote Originally Posted by siccmade View Post
    im so mad with gogle and tmo on how they are handling this whole upgrade thing...

well basically if you have a family plan your screwed, and even if i bought the phone unlocked i would need to switch my plan that suites the phone. im on a grandfathered fam plan and i don't want to lose it, i called tmo and htc/google customer service and both gave me a big fat no on an upgrade of any kind...

PIN/ID
    Huh?
    That just sucks!
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.0.1; en-us; Droid Build/ESD56) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17

So even if you buy it outright, you can't just pop your sim card in, add the Android unlimited data package to your Evenmore plan and go? What plan are they talking about? The whole purpose of unlocked is so you don't have a contract or locked into their plan choice.

Last edited by pdxmatts; 01-07-2010 at 04:28 AM.

no, because according to them you still need a single plan with a data plan...not sure what data plan but it wont be the same as the 500 min plus unlimited data as a new contract for the nexus one

I swear Google is controlling this thing worse than Apple ever did for the iPhone. In my opinion this =Fail.

Last edited by pdxmatts; 01-07-2010 at 04:20 AM.

WhitePearlPXL no está en línea Stack level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by siccmade View Post
    ditto. i'm 5 months away from the end of my contract and google won't let me upgrade and extend my contract early... i don't even care if the phone is not 179 for me. around the 200s range is enough, but there's no way in hell i'm paying 500+ for that crap.
    Paolo
    Moto Droid with SteamROM v4.0.5 Steam Theme
    Steam 1.2ghz Low Voltage Kernel
    Apple MacBook Pro
    Jeremiah 29:11
    Try us out! www.mycellularsource.com

PIN/ID
    Huh?
    Quote Originally Posted by pdxmatts View Post
    I swear Google is controlling this thing worse than Apple ever did for the iPhone. In my opinion this =Fail.

I blame Tmo! They could've really used the Nexus as an opportunity to give their customers a nice phone for a change. Couldnt be Google's fault because the Droid was handled so well. No problems like this on any other Android devices as well. And if I understand correctly, the problems are with the plans and upgrades, then thats TMO's end. I'm actually reading the $530 is a great price for a non-contract phone of this caliber. So yeah I think Tmo is the rotten 1 here it seems. 4GB sd is cheap too! Verizon gave 16GB! And here take a FREE Droid while you're at it!

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast