Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Looks like VZ will get it in the Spring, so they didn't stick with just ... Android Smartphones forum

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator

Advertisement

Looks like VZ will get it in the Spring, so they didn't stick with just GSM. By that time, if there are any problems, they'll be worked out for the VZ release.

Quote Originally Posted by mobile99 View Post
    The only drawback of any significance that I see is Google's poor choice of associating themselves with T-Mobile.

In my city, AT&T & Verizon both have very strong 3G signals everywhere, whereas poor little T-Mobile only has EDGE.
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

PIN/ID
    Apple
    The only drawback of any significance that I see is Google's poor choice of associating themselves with T-Mobile.

In my city, AT&T & Verizon both have very strong 3G signals everywhere, whereas poor little T-Mobile only has EDGE.
    As some will feel this way, T-Mobile deserves that right to be the first to have this, THEY are the one that took the chance on a new product and I feel google are rewarding them for it. ATT may have better 3G coverage but there relations with apple have hindered there progression with Google. This shows me that apple is generally concerned with what google has. This is good for us as consumers as competition always brings out the best. The cell carriers are just pawns now, the players are the manufactures of the devices or OS in Googles case. It may be a "drawback" for google to go with the smaller footprint of "3G" but no where did I read that there was a att band device coming or available. This has to be the direct relation with apple, and if Verizon is getting this phone I seriously doubt that apple will put the new iphone on VZW because of this, apple and att seem to be standing alone in the fight against the monster that is google. Its going to be a tough fight when like BB, Google will have top devices on every other network. Not so crazy, they are rewarding the people that deserve it and bringing on the players that can make a huge difference in sales and prospective buyers. Google has done it right, besides, they have all ready stolen a lot of iphone users with the Moto Droid and HTC eris.

rdills no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    Its not enough of a reward if you ask me! Being on Tmo, and supporting the G1 from the very start, I felt punished having to watch better Android devices come out for everyone except us! You know...the consumers who got this whole thing off the ground. They give us the Cliq and Moto Blur! To appeal to teens and tweeter junkies instead of serious Android enthusiasts like myself.
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.0.1; en-us; Droid Build/ESD56) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17

Especially when Google cripples TMO on who can get the subsidized pricing. It doesn't make sense to leave out the loyal customers.

Quote Originally Posted by rdills View Post
    Its not enough of a reward if you ask me! Being on Tmo, and supporting the G1 from the very start, I felt punished having to watch better Android devices come out for everyone except us! You know...the consumers who got this whole thing off the ground. They give us the Cliq and Moto Blur! To appeal to teens and tweeter junkies instead of serious Android enthusiasts like myself.
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.0.1; en-us; Droid Build/ESD56) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    Looks like there is some rumors that it might make it's way to AT&T, but who knows for these days?
    http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2010/...ck-out-on-att/

PIN/ID
    Apple
    They couldn't make it exclusive to tmobile, that whould be an unwise business decision and goolge not going to make that mistake. Its still on the fastest 3G network in the states, is it just me or does it seem coincidence that tmobiles network finalized the upgrade to 7.2Mbps the day before the nexus release. I think not, tmobiles coming on strong, cheaper plans, read the terms, you have to sign up for the one plan but you can up it to unlimited minutes, it clearly states that if you cancel your plan you pay full price for the phone, just like any carrier. You can up your plan to unlimited if you want but I think google did it smart, give the price for an unlimited data plan plus the min minutes,that gives a lot of people options. I stated once in a previous post that if your going to "make" me have one plan, make it unlimited everything. That would be a dumb decision because it cuts off a lot of the market that can't afford a $120/month plan, but can afford a $80/month plan. That give more room for more people and the folks that want to be unlimited everything can, just change your plan after you sign the contract. Its a free service from tmobile and has been that way from day one from then. Change your plan to suit you as many time as you want with no fee. Reward enough? Yea, I think so, enjoy your N1 on the fastest 3G network until spring. Then brag about how you can talk and browse at the same time after that.

PIN/ID
    Huh?
    I fully understand your point BHP77, but for me, its just a different situation I guess. I started with the G1 preorder when it wasn't a popular choice. Most people who got the Moto Droid probably dismissed Android as a fad back then. Sprint said publicly "Android is not good enough for Sprint" but they still get a very nice Hero while Tmo gets gimmick devices. You see? While Verizon says to Google "we'll take all of your killer Droids thanks!" Tmo's next big Android release for the year will be a hot red colored Nexus or a flip droid! Just watch, they did the same thing with the BB 8320, which forced me to the G1 at the time. I don't trust their commitment to serious hardware.

ReggieSmith no está en línea Stack level 3
    Not True.

The Nexus One operates on 3G, as it's standard network speed.

Both AT&T & T-Mobile Nexus One Models are the same. They all run on 3G.

AT&T offers edge only as a secondary speed for those out in far reaching areas with no 3G coverage.
    Sorry but I think you are mistaken.. currently the Nexus One uses T-Mobile's 3G frequency (2100mHZ) as shown here
    http://www.google.com/phone/static/e...ech_specs.html

AT&T uses 850 and 1900 MHz for 3G. The Nexus One is only tuned to offer EDGE on those frequencies to allow for roaming.

All 3G is not the same. The protocol may be the same but what frequency it is offered on is up to the carrier.

Having said that, I am certain HTC has a version of the Nexus One that WILL do 3G on AT&T. It's just a chip change and they already make phones like the Tilt 2 for AT&T so they have the necessary chips in stock.... waiting....
    ------

From time to time, you have to wonder...... What was I saying?

PIN/ID
    Apple
    The nexus has arrived!

Wow that was super fast. First impressions?

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Sorry been busy at work. First impressions. The screen is amazing. I mean amazing. That's about as much as I can post right now. Keyboards nice also. On pare with the iPhone. Will post more tonight. BTW. This is from the nexus one. Can I get a sign that says that. LOL. Jk
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1; en-us; Nexus One Build/ERD79) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17

PIN/ID
    Apple
    ah, it does say it. cool.

PIN/ID
    Huh?
    Congrats. That was so fast! If this is your first Android device you can get ready to clear your schedule.

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Had it over nighted. Ordered at 2:15-20 yesterday EST and arrived today at 11:30 est. Nice little email came also that said thank you from the NEXUS ONE TEAM. Yea, first one that I've owned. Played with my friends droid, eris and his girls mytouch. Other than that I'm brand new to it.

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Not trying to hyjack the thread but where is a good place to look at high quality video. Samples would be fine.
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1; en-us; Nexus One Build/ERD79) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast