Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

I'm not sure AT&T's network could handle another device like the iPhone. .. Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; ... Android Smartphones forum

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired

Advertisement

I'm not sure AT&T's network could handle another device like the iPhone.

Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

mobile99 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by BHP77 View Post
    I guess all the speculation will be ended on the 5th. Mobile, not doubting you just doesn't make any sense to me why tmobiles site is saying that google and htc will be responsible for the device and it will be sold through google itself and they have another version with different hardware for the other 3G networks. To me it would just seem that they would have 1 phone that handles all frequencies of 3G since its being sold through google. Att(I'm not surprised) hasn't mentioned anything and with all the recent turmoil between vzw and them I would think that if this phone is going to be able to run on their 3G network they would( and still could be) all over it considering how the droid is doing and taking their customers away from the iphone.
    Here's the logic, as I see it. Just like every other handset makers have one model for T-Mobile and and one for AT&T it's just how it's done here.

Simple speculation on my part is thus far AT&T has expressed nothing to the public as far as Android is concerned. They are no different than any other carrier, thus anything short of an "exclusive Android device for them". They are holding off.

Also they are not about to upset, the ever so arrogant Steve Jobs which is very Anti-Android for the obvious reasons.

Then we have the fact that AT&T will not have the phone to sell, so why advertise or even talk about it?

Only time will tell. It will be interesting to follow that's for sure.

PIN/ID
    Apple
    I guess apple has some big upgrades due for the iphone next year. Even though they wouldn't sell the phone users will still be able to use their service. That's where they make their money anyway, not selling phones. I would have though that their would be mention of it(and still maybe there will be) of it being able to use their service, but then again, I guess they don't want to upset mr jobs in fear he will make the new iphone available to other carriers. Yep, sure will be interesting to follow.

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    So I'm guessing that AT&T will have a data plan for this nexus phone?

Quote Originally Posted by Capdot View Post
    So I'm guessing that AT&T will have a data plan for this nexus phone?
    Yes they will. It doesn't require anything special so AT&T already has a data plan that one can add to the airtime and text message plans on an AT&T line. I buy and test many unlocked 3G phones strait out of Hong Kong, many of which never see the US marketplace. Each and everyone of them has always worked excellent with the generic 3G AT&T data plan.

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Nothing is confirmed yet, other than its coming and tmobile will provide service.

Quote Originally Posted by BHP77 View Post
    I guess apple has some big upgrades due for the iphone next year. Even though they wouldn't sell the phone users will still be able to use their service. That's where they make their money anyway, not selling phones. I would have though that their would be mention of it(and still maybe there will be) of it being able to use their service, but then again, I guess they don't want to upset mr jobs in fear he will make the new iphone available to other carriers. Yep, sure will be interesting to follow.
    What has yet to be discussed in the general public is the true fact that currently AT&T is negotiating very seriously with Apple to extend their finite original contract which is due to expire. In and amongst all the negative news which most people thrive on, is the fact that AT&T makes a serious profit on each iPhone and therefore would love to keep it exclusive to them. Yet that said, I would be very surprised to see that happen, as Apple had no idea in the beginning just how well the iPhone would do. Now that it is a highly sought after smartphone, it's nothing more than my opinion, that they will offer it to other carriers. After all, Apple is the type of company that could care less how much they charge the customer. They also have a very unique demographic of people willing to spend nearly any amount of money on their products.

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    Thanks. I've never dealt with unlocked phones.

I hope that it will work with AT&T's 3G network. Tmobile claims to have 3G in my city, but its pretty pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Capdot View Post
    Thanks. I've never dealt with unlocked phones.

I hope that it will work with AT&T's 3G network. Tmobile claims to have 3G in my city, but its pretty pathetic.
    AT&T uses all the standard GSM World Standard 3G frequencies that's why they can advertise their phones as world phones.

I've used many AT&T branded (and unbranded unlocked) phones during business trips overseas.

I cannot imagine a scenario where the unlocked Nexus One would not work on AT&T. They are my primary network of choice, even though I maintain lines through both T-Mobile and Verizon.

Out of the 50 or so smartphones I have purchased over the last three years direct from Hong Kong, not a one has failed to work on my AT&T line.

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Quote Originally Posted by mobile99 View Post
    What has yet to be discussed in the general public is the true fact that currently AT&T is negotiating very seriously with Apple to extend their finite original contract which is due to expire. In and amongst all the negative news which most people thrive on, is the fact that AT&T makes a serious profit on each iPhone and therefore would love to keep it exclusive to them. Yet that said, I would be very surprised to see that happen, as Apple had no idea in the beginning just how well the iPhone would do. Now that it is a highly sought after smartphone, it's nothing more than my opinion, that they will offer it to other carriers. After all, Apple is the type of company that could care less how much they charge the customer. They also have a very unique demographic of people willing to spend nearly any amount of money on their products.
    Yes, for sure they are trying to keep it all to themselves and no one came blame them. it is, IMO, what has made ATT what it is right now. I can see why they wouldn't want to advertise that there network would support such a device. A device that is for the first time a real iphone competitor. I also think that's the reason Google has chosen T-Mobile over ATT. Plus it also a reward to them I think for taking the chance with the google platform in its infancy. I will say this though, if they keep the deal apple better bring the goods, which I'm sure that will. If the deal doesn't go through then ATT is behind the eight ball and they have lost many potential customers. To me they have put all their eggs in one basket.

CleanCredit no está en línea Stack level 1
    Hmmm.. maybe my htc touchpro 2 will be replaced :-)

rdills no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    Quote Originally Posted by mobile99 View Post
    With all due respect, It's your GUESS regarding a ridiculous price that is questionable.

Don't get me wrong I'm not defending Google, but I do know one thing, if past practice is any indicator, those who buy unlocked Nexus One phones directly, will be paying a very competitive price. Google has tons of cash and resources, a very intelligent marketing plan prepared and knows that if they ask a high price the phone will sit and collect dust on their shelves.

My GUESS is that they will sell briskly at a very competitive price.

Google has not put all this time and money into this project, to fail.

Looks like you can upgrade my guess to PROBABLE!!!

http://androidcommunity.com/price-fo...bile-20091230/
    You can't learn anything if you're talking!

DjSmooth no está en línea Stack Professional
    Quote Originally Posted by rdills View Post
    Looks like you can upgrade my guess to PROBABLE!!!

http://androidcommunity.com/price-fo...bile-20091230/
    Have you notice though how quick that $350 ETF is catching on...

rdills no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    LOL! Yeah they got us by the marbles don't they?
    You can't learn anything if you're talking!

DjSmooth no está en línea Stack Professional
    But at least Google (so it says) you can return the phone or $350, don't think Verizon has that deal.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast