Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Here are the specs 4 those interested. .... Android Smartphones forum

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired

Advertisement

Here are the specs 4 those interested.

Last edited by srl7741; 12-24-2009 at 11:07 AM.

thecoolfool no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by mobile99 View Post
    Not True.

The Nexus One operates on 3G, as it's standard network speed.

Both AT&T & T-Mobile Nexus One Models are the same. They all run on 3G.

AT&T offers edge only as a secondary speed for those out in far reaching areas with no 3G coverage.
    Not true.
    The N1 will only use T-Mobile's 3g signal in the US; AT&T users will only be able to use EDGE in the US.
    Holler at me if you need some fresh ringtones.

mobile99 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by thecoolfool View Post
    Not true.
    The N1 will only use T-Mobile's 3g signal in the US; AT&T users will only be able to use EDGE in the US.
    Yes, that is correct. Buying a T-Mobile branded Nexus One will run on their 3G system. In order to use an unlocked Nexus One on 3G one has only one choice which is AT&T, since they are the only carrier that offers the world standard GSM 3G service.

ganns1980 no está en línea Themes Pro
    Yes, that is correct. Buying a T-Mobile branded Nexus One will run on their 3G system. In order to use an unlocked Nexus One on 3G one has only one choice which is AT&T, since they are the only carrier that offers the world standard GSM 3G service.
    Not true. T-Mo and AT&T use different frequencies for 3G. The Nexus One is set up for use on T-Mo's 3G. Whether the phone is unlocked or not, you will not be able to get 3G on AT&T.

Also, "world phone" refers to the number of frequencies that the phone is able to access, it has nothing to do with the service provider.
    Proof of absence is not absence of proof.

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    It's beautiful.I would like nothing more than to hold one of these between my hands and caress it to my face.

DjSmooth no está en línea Stack Professional
    Quote Originally Posted by Capdot View Post
    It's beautiful.I would like nothing more than to hold one of these between my hands and caress it to my face.
    And we are still taking about th Nexus One right!
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.0.1; en-us; Droid Build/ESD56) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by DjSmooth View Post
    And we are still taking about th Nexus One right!
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.0.1; en-us; Droid Build/ESD56) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17

Ah hell......

I should be sleeping and not posting sometimes..

Quote Originally Posted by Capdot View Post
    Ah hell......

I should be sleeping and not posting sometimes..
    Yeah, but that takes all the fun out of it... heh!

Quote Originally Posted by ganns1980 View Post
    Not true. T-Mo and AT&T use different frequencies for 3G. The Nexus One is set up for use on T-Mo's 3G. Whether the phone is unlocked or not, you will not be able to get 3G on AT&T.

Also, "world phone" refers to the number of frequencies that the phone is able to access, it has nothing to do with the service provider.
    I believe you are confused, and missing the point. There will be Two Versions of the Nexus One.

The 1700 band model for T-Mobile which will only work in the USA, and the multi-band model for world use.

It will be equipped to run on a variety of frequencies so as to run on the AT&T 3G network as well as others using the GSM world frequencies such as HSDPA 850 / 1900 / 2100

PIN/ID
    Apple
    I believe you are confused, and missing the point. There will be Two Versions of the Nexus One.

The 1700 band model for T-Mobile which will only work in the USA, and the multi-band model for world use.

It will be equipped to run on a variety of frequencies so as to run on the AT&T 3G network as well as others using the GSM world frequencies such as HSDPA 850 / 1900 / 2100
    where are you seeing that there will be two versions, not doubting you just want to know were your getting the info.

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    CNet has a fresh article on TMo and the gPhone.

I'm still wondering how the phone will be sold? What do you think?

Will it be invite only like many of Google's other services?
    Will it be online only, where we have to walk into a TMo store for service?
    Will TMo stores carry it like any other phone?

Anyone have insight on this one?

Also looks like they have scheduled a press gathering on January 5th.

Link: MobileCrunch

Last edited by srl7741; 12-29-2009 at 03:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by srl7741 View Post
    CNet has a fresh article on TMo and the gPhone.

I'm still wondering how the phone will be sold? What do you think?

Will it be invite only like many of Google's other services?
    Will it be online only, where we have to walk into a TMo store for service?
    Will TMo stores carry it like any other phone?

Anyone have insight on this one?

Also looks like they have scheduled a press gathering on January 5th.

Link: MobileCrunch

Here's the buzz (read a some truth, mixed with rampant rumors) I've heard around the Google Campus, I have about 15 friends that work there in positions of authority.

1) There are indeed _two_ Goggle phones under the name Nexus One, in existence, and ready for sale.

It's the same phone the employees were given, and I have both looked at and used for a couple of hours.

A) One designed to run on the T-Mobile network, and to be sold directly through T-Mobile.
    B) One designed to run on all other GSM world standard frequencies, unlocked, sold by Google online @ $175.

Both phones to be rolled out between 5th to 20th Jan 2010 latest.

Perhaps I've been doing this too long, as I'm a bit jaded. I will believe it when I see it, but it does look quite possible, and even highly probable.

It's a great phone I will say that. Oh... and there's one reserved with my name on it.

PIN/ID
    Apple
    I guess all the speculation will be ended on the 5th. Mobile, not doubting you just doesn't make any sense to me why tmobiles site is saying that google and htc will be responsible for the device and it will be sold through google itself and they have another version with different hardware for the other 3G networks. To me it would just seem that they would have 1 phone that handles all frequencies of 3G since its being sold through google. Att(I'm not surprised) hasn't mentioned anything and with all the recent turmoil between vzw and them I would think that if this phone is going to be able to run on their 3G network they would( and still could be) all over it considering how the droid is doing and taking their customers away from the iphone.

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Here's another article about the launch
    http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2009/...nius+Report%29
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Why sell two diff phones? So, if you buy the unlocked, you can use it on any GSM (TMO included) then why buy the one made just for TMO and limit yourself to just one carrier? Also, how does that work buying direct from Google? Just pop your TMO sim in and your good to go? Say you have TMO and their smartphone data plan, how will they know you are using the
    Nexus One? Seems to me if the carrier is not selling it, then they can't contract you.

Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast