Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

I think I'll call TMO tomorrow and ask some questions. Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone ... Android Smartphones forum

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator

Advertisement

I think I'll call TMO tomorrow and ask some questions.
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

I found this online...

"For those of you who want to let Google & T-Mobile know how unhappy we are with how they're treating loyal T-Mobile *customers & early Android adopters:

http://www.PetitionOnline.com/mod_pe...cgi?nexusone&1 "
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Quote Originally Posted by siccmade View Post
    well basically if you have a family plan your screwed, and even if i bought the phone unlocked i would need to switch my plan that suites the phone. im on a grandfathered fam plan and i don't want to lose it, i called tmo and htc/google customer service and both gave me a big fat no on an upgrade of any kind...
    OK. Calm down and quit listening to T-Mobile reps that don't know squat. I. Bought the unlocked version and I am on a family plan from 9 years ago with suncom. Still have my BB plan in place. No need to switch anything if your going to by it unlocked. Hope that helps. To pdx, I just put a full charge on it overnight so by the end of the day i'llet you know.
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1; en-us; Nexus One Build/ERD79) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17

PIN/ID
    Apple
    OK. Battery life. Took it off the charger at 6 this morning. Full charge. With a pretty he's y workload placed on it today, 37 calls and decent but not heavy browser usage put it back on the charger at 5:30 with 25% remaining. Definatly better than my iPhone as that same scenario would put me at 1-2:00 range on the iPhone. This was with the screen full bright,switching between wifi and 3G all day. So overall I'm happy.
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1; en-us; Nexus One Build/ERD79) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17

WhitePearlPXL no está en línea Stack level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by pdxmatts View Post
    I found this online...

"For those of you who want to let Google & T-Mobile know how unhappy we are with how they're treating loyal T-Mobile *customers & early Android adopters:

http://www.PetitionOnline.com/mod_pe...cgi?nexusone&1 "
    signed!
    Paolo
    Moto Droid with SteamROM v4.0.5 Steam Theme
    Steam 1.2ghz Low Voltage Kernel
    Apple MacBook Pro
    Jeremiah 29:11
    Try us out! www.mycellularsource.com

moses2628 no está en línea Stack level 6
    Signed as well. Really want this phone, would have easily added another line to my account to get this phone, but Google shot that idea down! BOOOOOO

any news on this petition?
    Paolo
    Apple MacBook Pro

I don't think the petition will help, but has doubled in signatures since I last looked. I think TMO's hands are tied with the deal they made with Google.

this doesn't make sense. if i can't extend now, i might as well just move to verizon. what's the use with staying with tmo if by the time i can get the phone i want, verizon will have the same phone and my contract will be over?
    Paolo
    Apple MacBook Pro

Verizon is going to have the advantage because they will have time to work out the 3G bug and the N1 will be made just for them. I'm sure they will make a better deal than TMO did. I feel sorry for TMO. It's like they were the Google guinee pigs

yeah, while verizon got the better android phones.

edit: i'm about to enter a chat with tmo and see if i can make them change their minds. i'll post up the log if i can.
    Paolo
    Apple MacBook Pro

Cool. Let us know how it goes.

Thumbs down

it was like talking to a brick. maybe someone else can make more noise.

You have been connected to _Brittnie R.
    _Brittnie R: Hi Paolo , welcome to T-Mobile live Chat. I’m _Brittnie and I will be happy to assist you. Please give me a moment to review your question.
    Me: hey brittnie
    _Brittnie R: Hey
    Me: ok I've really been bothered by this whole N1 situation!
    Me: and i'm sure you must've known somehow that a lot of t-mo customers are too
    _Brittnie R: whet is going on?
    Me: what's up? why can't we upgrade any earlier? i believe my contract is up in a couple of months
    _Brittnie R: Okay
    Me: and i'm fully willing to tie another knot with t-mo for another 2 years
    Me: i've been a happy customer for 6 years
    Me: and i'm a current g1 owner
    _Brittnie R: Because Google is the one who is selling the phone
    _Brittnie R: You have to have a full discount with us and be on the EvenMore 500 minutes, text and web plan for $79.99
    Me: so t-mo can't make any deals with big G for their customers?
    _Brittnie R: To get the discount on the Nexous on phone
    Me: so i'm going to have to change my contract?
    _Brittnie R: Since Google is the one who is selling the phone they make the choices
    Me: is that plan with unlimited text?
    _Brittnie R: Yes and unlimited web
    Me: so can i change my plan now and get the phone?
    Me: i believe i have the 1000 minutes, text and web right now
    _Brittnie R: If you are eligible for a full upgrade with us.
    Me: can you check?
    _Brittnie R: Yes I can check. Please allow me 2-3 minutes to do so.
    Me: no problem
    _Brittnie R: Thank you
    Me: any news?
    _Brittnie R: Unfortunately, by our systems you are not eligible for the upgrade.
    _Brittnie R: YOu can however double check with Google.
    _Brittnie R: They have the final say on whether or not you can get the phone
    Me: can you tell me when my contract ends?
    _Brittnie R: www.google.com/phone
    _Brittnie R: 7/14/10
    Me: ok and at that time i'll have to switch to the 79.99 plan regardless of what i have now if i want the nexus one?
    _Brittnie R: Yes, that is the requirements set by Google
    Me: wow. this is really dangerous for t-mobile. if google's in control, they'll put you almost in the price range of verizon with the same phones
    Me: since the verizon n1 is coming out in spring
    Me: well thanks for your help. it seems i've got a decision to make at the end of my contract. i really thought t-mo would stick up better for their customers
    Me: especially after 6 years.
    _Brittnie R: Yes, they are the only ones who are selling the phone only.
    Me: have a good night
    _Brittnie R: You're welcome
    Paolo
    Apple MacBook Pro

Looks like Google holds the strings. You can't buy the phone from them at the subsidized price unless you meet their req. Like I said, they want you to pay the retail price. TMO is unfortunatly going to pay the
    price for agreeing to such a
    restrictive deal. Makes me wonder if part of the deal (tradeoff) was to help fund their 3G upgrade before the release. Just a thought.

On the other hand TMO makes more money if they can get you convert your family plan to individual plans. Is the N1 worth it to jump through those hoops? I guess Google hasn't heard about the US recession. Lol

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast