Page 1 of 11 123456 ... LastLast

And the Winner is.... T-Mobile! After a busy weekend where it made its very unofficial ... Android Smartphones forum

DjSmooth no está en línea Stack Professional

Google's "Nexus One" headed to T-Mobile...

Advertisement

And the Winner is.... T-Mobile!

After a busy weekend where it made its very unofficial debut, HTC's Nexus One entered into full legitimacy Monday with approval by the Federal Communications Commission. The FCC documents also reveal that the device will support North American GSM bands (850 and 1900) and T-Mobile's 1700 3G network.

[Read More]

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Wooooooooooooooooot? Oh man, if this is true ima have to cancel my plan
    Opera/9.80 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/4.2.14912/1186; U; en) Presto/2.2.0

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    Looks like TMo is getting rewarded for taking the chance on the G1 and making it work so well. This is great news i like TMo and the new phone looks like it's going to be a great device.

Let's hope the OS does not turn out to be a big brother.

Quote Originally Posted by srl7741 View Post
    Looks like TMo is getting rewarded for taking the chance on the G1 and making it work so well. This is great news i like TMo and the new phone looks like it's going to be a great device.

To late for that! The Almighty OZ (Google) is already everyone's Big Brother...Log in with your Gmail and OZ remembers everything, I was looking for a Notepad for my Droid and remembered saw GDocs in the Market, installed it Used it and realized a test document I did in 2006. Yup, too late for that...

PIN/ID
    Retired
    sign.......b/c i know your right which means i can never but hey! I will certainly use someone else's and have some fun

joemc27 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    No More
    I heard it will be sold directly from googles website with the help of Tmo.

http://www.androidguys.com/2009/12/1...ite-january-5/

I don't think it'll come out this fast though.

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    It's a good thing we still have our TMO account. If it is true, then I will definately be checking it out.
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

PIN/ID
    Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by DjSmooth View Post
    To late for that! The Almighty OZ (Google) is already everyone's Big Brother...Log in with your Gmail and OZ remembers everything, I was looking for a Notepad for my Droid and remembered saw GDocs in the Market, installed it Used it and realized a test document I did in 2006. Yup, too late for that...
    I found this:

How to Un-Google Yourself

mobile99 no está en línea Stack level 3
    A close friend who is a Google executive, has his Nexus One, and those of the 200 people in his department running on AT&T.

The unofficial (yet reported news) is the phone is definitely unlocked and ready for the world GSM standard which is what AT&T uses.

That said, they have also added the exclusive T-Mobile band to continue to assist T-Mobile in staying alive in the US, after receiving a massive infusion of cash from their Euro partners.

Thus at this time, the unlocked Nexus One will run on both AT&T world wide, and T-Mobile in the USA.

PIN/ID
    Retired
    That's great news. If AT&T ends up getting one I will get to use one without any headaches.

Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

Thanks, I will take a look at that.

That's great news. If AT&T ends up getting one I will get to use one without any headaches.

Google is smart enough to see what happened to Apple by restricting the sale of their device to only one carrier. They are also a global company that does not want to restrict their sales to the USA only, thus with AT&T, the phone works anywhere. I know, it's one of the primary reasons I use them. I travel internationally and my AT&T phones work anywhere. Nothing beats using the same GSM standard as the rest of the world. Google did not get to be the giant juggernaut they are by being short sighted or cheap.

Emmc no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by mobile99 View Post
    A close friend who is a Google executive, has his Nexus One, and those of the 200 people in his department running on AT&T.

The unofficial (yet reported news) is the phone is definitely unlocked and ready for the world GSM standard which is what AT&T uses.

That said, they have also added the exclusive T-Mobile band to continue to assist T-Mobile in staying alive in the US, after receiving a massive infusion of cash from their Euro partners.

Thus at this time, the unlocked Nexus One will run on both AT&T world wide, and T-Mobile in the USA.
    I've heard that it will run 3G on T-Mobile and EDGE on AT&T.

Quote Originally Posted by Emmc View Post
    I've heard that it will run 3G on T-Mobile and EDGE on AT&T.
    Not True.

The Nexus One operates on 3G, as it's standard network speed.

Both AT&T & T-Mobile Nexus One Models are the same. They all run on 3G.

AT&T offers edge only as a secondary speed for those out in far reaching areas with no 3G coverage.

Actually T-Mobile didn't take a chance on the G1, it was a good start to a great project.

They simply got involved as they were struggling to make money in the US.

In typical fashion the naysayers thought they knew better than the brilliant engineers, Google, and all those with great expertise.

The naysayers stroked their egos, while T-Mobile made money. A very smart move.

Now it's become apparent to even the most short sighted that Android is here to stay.

T-Mobile wins... Google wins... Users win...

As far as Big Brother... get used to it, that's been a foregone conclusion for years.
    That cat was already out of the bag, there's no turning back now.... privacy was gone way before Google, thank your insurance company for that one.

Page 1 of 11 123456 ... LastLast