On September 23, T-Mobile announced the world's first Android-powered phone, the G1. The phone comes ... Android Smartphones forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod

Google on Android: Search

On September 23, T-Mobile announced the world's first Android-powered phone, the G1. The phone comes preloaded with Search, Maps, Gmail with Contacts, Calendar, Google Talk, and YouTube. The applications are easy to use, fully synchronized with the web, and work together in new and innovative ways, as explained in our first post in the blogseries: 'Google on Android'. Over the next couple of weeks, we will put the spotlight on each one of the Google applications for Android. Today: Search. -- Marc Vanlerberghe, Product Marketing Director.

Google's mission is "to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful." Android-powered phones are designed to support the second part of that mission -- universally accessible and useful -- by making Search an integrated, easy-to-use, and platform-wide feature.

Read More

jayjay7411 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Does anyone think this phone will surpase what the blackberry can do?~via BB (

Jbee no está en línea Stack level 5
    The BB still has it's edge...Us!!! Tried and tested.

pda.teck no está en línea Stack level 5
    Well, I don't think it will pass a blackberry. I recived mine 3 days ago, and i do like it, But there are some current draw backs. you MUST use the keyboard to type unless you are using the phone or the calculater. It has no explorer for files. and even worse the the issues with file protection of files, if you open pictures on the phone there are thumbnails for all to see, so heaven help any one with "Fun freind" pictures on it LOL. The down load and install from the Adroid market place is fairly easy and nice, but kind of limited at this time. I am worried about pricing after launch. And I Miss BB Messanger big time. So I actually carry my Curve and have relicagated the G1 to my Data Line the browsing is very nice. I can't wait to see what 3G is like but on EDGE it is slightly fater then the 8800 it replaced and gives the Curve a good run for the money. Being able to drag across a lorge page and zoom in and out with touch is nice.
    J. "Wyatt" Croom
    Blackberry 8520
    Spelling doesn’t determine your I.Q.