Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree8Likes

And if the G2 runs AOSP..... I haven't tried the LG UI, so no idea.... Android Smartphones forum

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional

Advertisement

And if the G2 runs AOSP.....
    I haven't tried the LG UI, so no idea.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    The Bootloader and all tools are available? I don't know if they are, or if you need extra stuff for it. The screen quality and res is very good, so if you can load Kit Kat, the specs on the LG2 won't let you down. As is, I wouldn't want it. It has too much bloat.
    Knowing you, it won't stay original for long. Maybe that will make it a better Nexus 5.

That's what I've been thinking. Hardware is so close between the two. 4.4 is available. I already have the files....

Thoughts tomorrow. Most likely will kill the lg rom. Fugly.

Well, its different.
    Theobviousis the screen. Big, crisp, and beautiful. I really like the minimal bezel. One drawback, the blacks don't seem as dark but thats do be expected coming from AMOLED. The S4 pixels are off when displaying black. Its not bad. I probably wouldnt notice if i hadn't been using the S4.

The device feels solid. More so than an S4, no creaking when squeezed. Its slippery, very slippery.

The volume/power buttons are taking some getting used to as it the lack of a home button. I don't miss the button and the volume/power is growing on me quickly. Its intuitive when in landscape since your fingers naturally rest on them. I like it but wonder how it will be with a case.

I do want to add that im terrified of dropping it. The screen is huge and i just don't see it surviving a fall.

The software...well its ugly. Shame on LG for giving such a quick and poweful device such an inelegant UI. Parts remind me of Froyo, others Gingerbread, others...well i have no idea. Features are plenty, but i find them more of the same. Camera features and eye teacking features similar to what Samsung brought, and just as forgettable.

This phone is quick. Responsive (despite the overhead) and smooth. LG really should have considered ditching the UI or putting more effort into it. There was an opportunity to have a No 1 device if hardware and software matched better.

I have no regrets. AOSP is next for this. I'll have more after i use it more.
    PapaMag, RogerG and Delfim like this.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    I told ya!

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    wow!
    dushdavj likes this.
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

Battery is amazing. Still at 97%. Light usage but since 5 am thats much better.
    PapaMag, RogerG, Delfim and 1 others like this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12