The g1 has a camera application that's allows the user to scan any product barcode ... Android Smartphones forum

devildogg2001 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24168E0D

g1 app for BB

Advertisement

The g1 has a camera application that's allows the user to scan any product barcode and it will search the internet for similar products for price comparison... Foes anyone know if there is a similar app for BB?

BIGTONY no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Great app , my sister loves it on her g1, but there isn't anything but for the BB yet, it would have been posted by now

PIN/ID
    24168E0D
    Yea I figured as much but thought it couldn't hurt to ask...~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Sam123gil no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    A.S.K.
    Well if you come across it please let me know.
    ~©®ĺ©kßë®®Ą~

drozek no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    31B1D26F
    do anyone know what website the g1 uses to compare these prices. I would try to write a program like this?

chrisbc no está en línea Stack level 2
    The app is called ShopSavvy and is made by these guys called Big in Japan (sorry, can't post links yet, you'll have to google it).

Their site says "developed exclusively for Google’s Android mobile phone" which makes me wonder if they are even planning on making something like that for phones other than Android or just keeping it as an "only on Android" kinda thing.
    The maker of Viira: GTD BlackBerry app

ameilius no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23DDD916
    yea i saw a discussion about this elsewhere.... chances are slim for another device... but anything is possible...

i love my g1 greatly -- but still use my bb as well

PIN/ID
    LESS
    Even if we couldn't scan maybe at least enter the upc and then initiate the search.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    24168E0D
    If you go through the berrystore, an app I found on here I think,there is another app called neoreader, which in my opinion sucked because I tried scanning many barcodes and I never got it to work once. It also has the option to input the upc manually and it would search, but that too never worked it always said it couldn't find anything.. Maybe I was scanning the wrong thing... I don't know ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~