Whilst the interviewee uses the iPhone, and makes mention of Windows Mobile, the utilization of ... Android Smartphones forum

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7

Future of The Smartphone

Advertisement

Whilst the interviewee uses the iPhone, and makes mention of Windows Mobile, the utilization of his pda and features mentioned pertaining to the near future are directly applicable to our Berries, and the article provides valuable insight as to how we can, and will be using them...
    http://mobile.informationweek.com/de...OSKHSCJUNN2JVN

luciferseamus no está en línea Device Pro
    nice,
    thanks very good read!
    "If you ever lose your keys in a river of molten lava, let 'em go, cus' man, they're gone!!"-Jack Handey

BES Noob no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    just ask
    The price of smart phones have gone down considerably over the years and are more affordable for the avg jane or joe. In my opinion I think the only thing that is stopping people from making the leap to a smart phone is trying to justify the additional costs for data usage. I think people are having are having a difficult time swallowing the monthy usage costs of close to or above the $100 mark. I have to admit if it weren't for my work email I think I could probably live without having my emails on the fly but since my company pays for my smart phone and again the costs have gone down I can justify having one even if my company didn't pay for it.

krosli no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    747101D2
    A very good read. Thanks for posting.

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    " Rubel: I believe we're in a great era of transition. Ten years from now, we will laugh at people who still take laptops on business trips. Our data will be stored on the cloud.
    Wolfe: Any other observations? Rubel: Connectivity still remains a major stumbling block."

Just an excerpt from the article to comment on. I agree that ten years from now, some of the business travelers will not carry a laptop, and yet there will be some that do. My business, my data is classified and far too sensitive to reside "in the cloud" where I can only access it with an internet connection. This is simply too risky. However those with less sensitive data that is not mission critical, would be able to do without a laptop quite nicely. Having all of my client info, and related files reside on a secure encrypted hard drive is the only way, that is presently feasible. Then as Rubel, himself admits the major issue is one of connectivity. I'm sure that will have improved significantly in a decade but nonetheless, I feel that his take is a bit ambitious, given the time frame he is suggesting.

Thanks for posting the link, another interesting read.
    Cheers

I agree, BES Noob! Cost is high, though interface through Smartphone is optimum! Heck, I'm hardly ever on my pc anymore, - Blackberry has supplanted it, and I really can't justify the dsl charges! As the link I've provided above indicates, we'll be utilizing our pda's for even more details in the near future

Excellent observations, Archer. Those issues will have to be, or are being addressed by those developing the form factor. Interesting to surmise how RIM will approach it, being that they use their own servers to provide secure communication, etc.

kolosus no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    315677A8
    I'm sure everyone in the world or even within the USA doesn't need a smartphone. Come on just look at the glut of people who own one and do so simply for the fact that they need a "cool phone". I personally am aware of a few and some who own a smartphone and a data plan but have no clue as to how to go about using the full features of the phone!

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    ~via 8120 (wap.pinstack.com)~

I have been using SmartPhones since 2003. Those help keep me organized with everything I have to do personally and for college. I don't work yet but I know whatever phone I have by then will be a huge help.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by Berryadict View Post
    Heck, I'm hardly ever on my pc anymore, - Blackberry has supplanted it
    Only reason I still use my PC is for games, and printing emails and documents from home. If I could find a Bluetooth printer I'd be happy.

ikasen no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Actually, all the responses on this thread are as good as the article. I don't think anyone can imagine the changes that will come in the next ten years, they will be massive. I think the next two years should be inserted instead of the next ten years.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Yep. For fogeys like me who grew up with a single rotary phone who's number began with CI- these advancements are extraordinary