Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Is the use only 2g networks checked in mobile network setup?... Android Smartphones forum

jonesjj no está en línea Stack level 3

Advertisement

Is the use only 2g networks checked in mobile network setup?

Zbats no está en línea Stack level 3
    Did try the battery pull, a couple of times... No luck.

I've read that there is a issue with Att's nexus one's. Your profile says T-mobile is that still correct? Did you check the settings?

Still TMobile, looked through everything I could think of. There is an option that says "use only 2G, uses less battery" but that was not selected... I could not find anything else that I could change.

What happens when you turn off data and click use only 2g then restore to 3g? You could also try to reflash the update. I just reflashed mine to see if it would mess things up. Phone is back up and running with 3g. If all else fails you might need to wait till the official release. Google is still going to push it if you upgraded early.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=688644

Emmc no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by jonesjj View Post
    Another cool feature, Landscape mode is either way now. Before it was just when you turned it to the left.
    Thanks for the post. I've had it for a few days. Very handy for my nexus car dock.

Emmc no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by green_light View Post
    Any other Froyo users experiencing extreme battery drain when using the portable hotspot?
    I've tested portable hotspot and it works well. I'm not surprised it's a battery killer. After all, it does except/support 8 devices. I'd bet it's safe to assume you should have it plugged in to power. Don't forget T-Mobile's "Unlimited Data" plan is actually 10 gigs a month. They'll slow you down if you exceed it.

green_light no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Emmc View Post
    I've tested portable hotspot and it works well. I'm not surprised it's a battery killer. After all, it does except/support 8 devices. I'd bet it's safe to assume you should have it plugged in to power. Don't forget T-Mobile's "Unlimited Data" plan is actually 10 gigs a month. They'll slow you down if you exceed it.
    Whenever I'm using the portable hotspot, my N1 stays plugged in and I really don't touch it. I notice very little fluctuation (either draining or charging) of the battery level if it just stays plugged in and no memory intensive programs are running. If it wasn't charging while the hotspot was enabled, the battery would be dead (0%) in probably 45 minutes.
    My Phone: Nexus One
    Version: 2.3.7
    What I'm running now: CM7 Nightly latest build

When I did that, the radio never came back on. I had to turn off the phone and turn it back on for it to connect to the network again. Then it was just EDGE again. I will try to re-install today and see if that helps. If not, then I'll just wait for the official release. Thanks.

moses2628 no está en línea Stack level 6
    Finally got Froyo installed on my N1. Loving this OS. I have not experienced any issues with my 3g signal. But I also force mine to use only 3g by doing the *#*#6436#*#* trick.

Glad you got it installed. I've never heard of that trick. How do you disable it if you need to?

Quote Originally Posted by Zbats View Post
    Hi all,
    I noticed that after the install, my phone will not connect higher than EDGE. I am not getting 3G anymore. Did I do something wrong?
    Thanks
    Just an update... Finally had a chance to reinstall, and everything seems to be working fine now. My phone is connecting at 3G again. No clue what happened.

Way to go! I would hate to have my N1 without 3G.

If anyone needs to downgrade back to 2.1 for any reason I found this forum. I did it just to see if it works.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=688562

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123