Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

okay, I think this may be my first post. We in the office were first ... Android Smartphones forum

bigredsfan no está en línea Stack level 1

Advertisement

okay, I think this may be my first post. We in the office were first summoned to use the Treo 650 which really only had 1 good use, it's email. Outside of this: locked up constantly, dropped calls, rebooted, horrible lifespan of battery. I convinced my work to get me Blackberry and been on the Pearl for 2 weeks now and have to admit I have none of the issues above. There are some things I haven't figured out to use on the Pearl (ie. when dropping and dragging a message from Inbox to a subfolder on my desktop, my BB isn't syncing along with it) but phone quality, sound, etc are all much better. I will never own another Treo again either.

powerdog no está en línea Stack level 2
    I had a Treo 700p for a couple of years. Nothing went wrong, but it was like carrying a brick and retrieving email took a long time.

Now I have a Pearl 8130 and am delighted with it. For portability, email, and occasional web, it's great.

jfinli no está en línea Stack level 1
    I had a Treo 650 and most recently a 755p. With no 3rd party apps it worked fine, but when I customized it with other apps, it would freeze, reset...and was deathly slow. I just got a pearl a few days ago and I am wishing I made the switch a long time ago! The blackberry is much better than I thought it would be. My husband has had one for work for a long time and I never was interested, but with my treo giving me trouble I was looking for something else.

With pearl, I was worried about the loss of a full keyboard, but it's really been fine for me...the suretype is good and I am finding all the tips and tricks to help me along.

Good luck with your decision.

Angryjeff no está en línea Stack level 1
    There once was this boy...who had a dream. His dream, to one day own the awe inspiring Treo 700wx. After a long time of searching and finally finding a nice gentleman in a parking lot outside a telus store, he got his Treo...and for an excellent price. Well, this boy loved and cherished his beloved Treo...he took it with him verywhere...yes, a little bulky and slow...but it was a Treo, he didn't care. Well, one day on the way to a business trip, his beloved treo BRICKED ON HIM AT THE AIRPORT RIGHT BEFORE THE FLIGHT!!! He struggled to find a way to fix it, to get it up and running...to no avail. So after calming and trying not to whip it onto the runway...it miraculously started up again. Sorry Treo...too late. He came home and grabbed himself a Pearl 8130...and hasn't looked back. Oh, he still uses the bus sized Treo, as an alarm clock.

Thank you, and goodnight.

dvst8ion no está en línea Stack level 3
    Thats is an Amazing bedtime story Angryjeff!!
    Once you go Black(berry) you'll never go back!!!

popo341 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    329249D2
    That is one expensive alarm clock!

IHateMyTreo no está en línea Stack level 3
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Jeff, this could be the beginning of a long friendship ;-)

AWDAWD no está en línea Stack level 1
    Came from a Treo 700w then to voyager now to pearl.

Im extremly picky with my phones and the BB os is great simple and ultra fast compared to that brick of a phone.. wait I mean palm piolot with a phone option.

The phone on the BB does what it supposed to do.. It works. You can multi task on the pearl so much better than treo.

dargewrd no está en línea Stack level 2
    i had 755p and centro i returned it becuase i got sick of the old os needs a major overhaul... but liked the size of centro and tried several customized os for the palm os got frozen quite a lot and stupid that you cant change color of the sender text only urs and not much of fonts options like bb and yo uhave to get third party to have wallpaper on the palm os blah blah too much work so also treo's wm sux too haha
    Ryan

rsb321 no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs up Thumbs up to RIM

I used Treo 700P and 700w for over 2 years and then made the swap to the pearl 8130. Wow!!! Ive really been missing out. I love this phone. RIM did a fantastic job with everything. Now if verizon could leave the software alone I would be thrilled.

popo341 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    329249D2
    Well I have been satisfied with the Pearl and BB for the most part. I don't think I will ever go back to Palm. I will end up switching to the Curve because of the full keyboard. The suretype really isn't a huge issue but I will opt for the full keyboard when the Curve comes to Sprint.

Veereihen6 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I'm a new convert (just over a month now) from a Treo 650.

Most of the comments that have been made in this thread hold true for me too. I miss the Treo's method of threading SMS messages in a chat format, the super loud ringer, and the far greater selection of 3rd party apps, but other than that....OMG what a difference.

My 8130 runs circles around the 650 in just about all other areas. One little issue i have is the bug with the bluetooth not staying paired up if the blue LED indicator has been turned off. Other than that, great phone, although I'd like to have some of my treo 650 ringers on the Pearl.

KeNNethX no está en línea Stack level 3
    I had a Treo 600 back in the day...it was ok....but My Curve is everything I wanted my Treo to be, but never was. After my Treo, I had a 7520 on a BES. It met my Enterprise needs...but truly lacked in terms of multimedia (camera, video, music etc) that my Treo had (albeit more crudely). My 8703e was an improvement in terms of web browsing and speed...My 8320 is everything I wanted when I had a Treo an more.
    When in Doubt, Pop the Battery Out!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123