Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Never used 1 but If you email a lot the curve might b beter cus ... Android Smartphones forum

rjm2009 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    317A896B

Re: Former Treo users??

Advertisement

Never used 1 but If you email a lot the curve might b beter cus of the full keyboard~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

boomboom no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    retired

Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073 View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ Sounds like you're out of device memory. Store ringtones, pics, music and videos on a memory card.

Delete unused languages, apps, themes and old messages.

Clean the browser cache, history, and cookies.

Use the ALT and LGLG keys to clear the device log.

And in the advanced options, you can setup a device password and then use the Memory Cleaner.
    This is the same advice I recieved before. I cold reboot always fixed the problem. But how many times do I as a user have to do maintain my phone. I shouldn't have to delete the device log 3 times a day and have to clear the browser cache, history and cookies. I did all of that 3 times a day and still have that problem.

I store everything on my memory card...so I am basically SOL.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ In the pictures settings, set Device Memory Limit to 12 MB, Reserved Pictures Memory to 0MB, Thumbnails Per Row to 3, and see if that helps. If it doesn't, then try upgrading your OS if you haven't done so. Some OS versions have memory leaks.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ And if that doesn't work, you may have to get a warranty replacement. I had to do that twice and I'm on my 3rd Pearl.

IHateMyTreo no está en línea Stack level 3

I agree w/ Erica. The device update from Verizon cured my memory leak. Does your carrier TMo have an update for Pearls?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I'm using the Rogers Pearl 109 OS and have not had one memory issue.

boomboom no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    retired

Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073 View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ In the pictures settings, set Device Memory Limit to 12 MB, Reserved Pictures Memory to 0MB, Thumbnails Per Row to 3, and see if that helps. If it doesn't, then try upgrading your OS if you haven't done so. Some OS versions have memory leaks.
    I updated to the Rogers OS and it fixed the problem. Thankyou very much Erica!

kreesedup no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30bc9b43

I went from the 7520 to 7100i to the 755p now back with the 8830. Awsome upgrade as far as the media. I do miss not having a camera didn't think it would be a big deal. But, it's a must! Touch screen was kinda nice...Also, as someone metioned can't beat the push email also missed the GPS used Telnav ALOT. Waitting for the Curve on Sprint I'll be Happy! All in all I would not go back to a treo. Above all I think the "subculture" is invaluable "Ima addict".....
    "This life almost didn't happen"

dragonssports no está en línea Stack level 1
    I am still in transition. My work provided a 8100, calls, email, automatic sync with outlook.

I still have my 700p, for SlingPlayer (waiting for the BB version of sling), TomTom and Intelligolf Eagle (my work would not enable my GPS function to pair a puck with phone), and the Kinoma mulitmedia capabilities (although I understand there is a new internet radio 3rd party availble).

In a nutshell, I am holding onto my Treo until Sling is ready for BB and someone comes up with a more comprehensive internet radio for BB, once these two perks are ready, it looks like an 8130 is in my future as my "personal" phone for this golf playing directionally challenged person! The money I win on the golf course telling my playing partners bad yardages from my intelligolf helps me justify having a personal and work phone!

To echo the previous posters. The reliability of the BB and functuality of email service, if you are a power user, are its greatest traits.

MoJay no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    3018D089
    Just got rid of my 755p and im already hooked in BB world)

iruiz no está en línea Stack level 2
    Had palm centro for 1 month- hated it
    ISABEL

Quote Originally Posted by boomboom View Post
    I updated to the Rogers OS and it fixed the problem. Thankyou very much Erica!
    Happy to hear it worked. Sorry for the delayed reply but been busy in real life.

MoJay no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    3018D089

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by dragonssports View Post
    I am still in transition. My work provided a 8100, calls, email, automatic sync with outlook.

I still have my 700p, for SlingPlayer (waiting for the BB version of sling), TomTom and Intelligolf Eagle (my work would not enable my GPS function to pair a puck with phone), and the Kinoma mulitmedia capabilities (although I understand there is a new internet radio 3rd party availble).

In a nutshell, I am holding onto my Treo until Sling is ready for BB and someone comes up with a more comprehensive internet radio for BB, once these two perks are ready, it looks like an 8130 is in my future as my "personal" phone for this golf playing directionally challenged person! The money I win on the golf course telling my playing partners bad yardages from my intelligolf helps me justify having a personal and work phone!

To echo the previous posters. The reliability of the BB and functuality of email service, if you are a power user, are its greatest traits.
    Hey Dragon
    FYI>>>>>>>>http://www.slingmedia.com/get/pr-blackberry-spm

tbonanno no está en línea Stack level 2
    I just came from 3 years with TREO (2-650 CDMA, 1-650 unlocked GSM, 1 755p CDMA). I've only had the BB 8830 for a short time, but so far I like it a lot. The TREO was too unreliable, too many freezes, lockups, awful bluetooth functionality, etc. I'm getting too old for the stress the Treos were causing. Keeping the GSM TREO model for overseas use only. The BB so far seems much more reliable. The OS is taking me awhile to get use to as it is somewhat more primitive in many ways that the Palm, but it seems strong and reliable. I think you'll like the BB a lot.

IHateMyTreo no está en línea Stack level 3
    Hey T. I agree wholeheartedly. When you get to the point of wanting to throw your phone out the car window, it's time to change. My BB has not had a single freeze and is stress-free compared to the dreaded Treo 650 and 680 I had.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast