Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

I am sure there are some former treo users in here. I am considering taking ... Android Smartphones forum

popo341 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    329249D2

Question Former Treo users??

Advertisement

I am sure there are some former treo users in here. I am considering taking the plunge to the Blackberry world. If you are a former Treo user do you regret your decission? Thanks!
    I had a Treo 700p, 755p and now a centro. Kinda regreting the centro, it's ok but I email quite a bit and the centro is not for heavy usage.
    Last edited by popo341; 03-01-2008 at 08:01 PM. Reason: additional info

umanben no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    317f3afd

Re: Former Treo users??

I came over from a treo 650. Signal reception is the first thing I noticed. The phone was faster and more responsive. The email is far and away the best around. The only reason I would ever go back is if I had a particular program that was only made for palm and there was no way I could carry around a palm device with my blackberry.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

smooth10 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    21CB9337

I came from using a Treo 750. The only thing the Treo has over a Blackberry is the way the text messages are kept in threads and also separate from emails. Even with that said, it isn't very hard to organize your texts and emails on the Blackberry.
    Emailing on a Blackberry is like coming from high school sports and going to the pros, due to push email rather than using the send/receive function on a Treo. Also I found myself going to the task manager to stop programs and/or reset the phone quite a bit. Blackberry devices are not known for freezing. Also, (depending on your preference), the Treo devices are bigger and heavier than Blackerries.
    Last but not least, you will never find a PDA community more friendly and more responsive for Treos, like Pinstack.com has for Blackberries. There are at least 2000 people online, everyday, ready to answer questions and posing questions that you will have in the future.
    Hope this helps!

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada

i had a 650 a couple of years ago then decided to get an 8700 BB. Like umanben said, i really noticed the stronger signal strength, and the ease of operation. I've since had 4 diff models of BB and this 8300 is the best device I have ever owned.

IHateMyTreo no está en línea Stack level 3

Don't get me started. Treo 650, replaced twice, the last time with a 680. They all sucked - crashed or locked up two or three times a day.

Now have an 8130, which leaves Treo in the dust as far as reliability goes. The phone has yet to freeze like a Treo, turn itself off like a Treo, or suffer from worthless Palm support. Carrier tech support unit for Palm don't use Treos for good reason.

I do miss Chattermail at times and the push on demand (instead of having to wait for BIS to poll for email at intervals), the bigger screen for watching videos, the ability to legibly view PDFs and edit Word docs (but hopefully DocsToGo will come out soon for BIS). And support from PinStack is unequaled.

I don't think you'll regret the move. Try it for 30 days and you can't lose.

boomboom no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    retired

I hate Treos, I had the dreadful Treo 600. I could never ever pick up an incoming call...I have been with a blackberry since 2005 with a 7105t. That is my favorite phone of all time. With my needs and with techonology changing, I had to switch to a Pearl in August of 2007. I had the 7105t from NOV of 2005 thru August of 2007. Almost two years. That is the longest I have ever used a phone at one time.

I am now looking for an upgrade to my Pearl. If they ever made a 71xx series of phone with updated tech. I would buy it in a heart beat.

When I first bought my first blackberry, I was seriously looking at the Treo 650 or looking to wait for the rumored Treo 700 at the time. I decided that I didn't want to wait for the Treo 700 because of my experience with the Treo 600. And Windows Mobile devices seriously sucked back than.

Now fast-forward to the present, my Pearl 8100 is giving me so many problems with memory leakage. My call logs are contantly being deleted as well as my Text message. There is soo much maintenance with my 8100, that I am seriously thinking of calling it quits on my blackberry. Now don't get me wrong, what is important is my e-mail, and I always have that, and it never gets deleted. But I have tried pretty much everything from making my e-mail automatically delete after 14 days...with my 7105t, I had that option on "never delete"....

So currently I am looking for a PDA, probably something with Windows Mobile and from HTC. They currently make some of the nicest phones that are available.
    Last edited by boomboom; 03-03-2008 at 12:29 PM.

chatster18 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ASK

boomboom, thats too bad. But I hear your problem...
    it's always greener with the other carrier...

kfischer009 no está en línea Stack level 2

Former treo 650, 700p and 700w user. I switched to the pearl a few months ago and the treos do not even compare to the bb. You won't regret it unless you like the massive size of the treo. Haha

chatster18 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ASK

centro is small but you have to use toothpicks to type with it...trust me I have one
    it's always greener with the other carrier...

wxboss no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    21DA38F3

Quote Originally Posted by boomboom View Post
    Now fast-forward to the present, my Pearl 8100 is giving me so many problems with memory leakage. My call logs are contantly being as well as my Text message. There is soo much maintenance with my 8100, that I am seriously thinking of calling it quits on my blackberry. Now don't get me wrong, what is important is my e-mail, and I always have that, and it never gets deleted. But I have tried pretty much everything from making my e-mail automatically delete after 14 days...with my 7105t, I had that option on "never delete"....

So currently I am looking for a PDA, probably something with Windows Mobile and from HTC. They currently make some of the nicest phones that are available.
    What's going on with your 8100? Memory leakage is a problem with WM phones too - I know because I have one.

HTC does make good phones, but the buggy WM OS kind of detracts from their attractiveness. Trust me, WM will give you more headaches than your Pearl does.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!

Boomboom,

Maybe we can solve your 8100 problem(s) in Pinstack - it's worth a try. Many of us either have had or have pearls now and love them. I had one w/ t-mo for about 6 months and loved it - certainly no 'memory leaks." Have you read or opened threads here with questions re: your problem?
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ Sounds like you're out of device memory. Store ringtones, pics, music and videos on a memory card.

Delete unused languages, apps, themes and old messages.

Clean the browser cache, history, and cookies.

Use the ALT and LGLG keys to clear the device log.

And in the advanced options, you can setup a device password and then use the Memory Cleaner.

monica.simons no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    ASKME

I was a treo 600 user (barf). I could go on and on and on about the reasons for switching to a BB....but most everyone else has already touched on them. All I can say is that I would NEVER go back to a treo, or a WM device.

BTW thanks Erica for reminding me to clean up my memory!
    Providing customers with the latest in news and info along with experienced one on one tech support, training, product sales, exclusive themes and more.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Quote Originally Posted by popo341 View Post
    I am sure there are some former treo users in here. I am considering taking the plunge to the Blackberry world. If you are a former Treo user do you regret your decission? Thanks!
    I had a Treo 700p, 755p and now a centro. Kinda regreting the centro, it's ok but I email quite a bit and the centro is not for heavy usage.
    2 questions:

1) Is T-Mo gonna get the Centro?

2) If not, how much for an unlocked GSM one?

I like playing with different OS's and have always wanted a Palm device. I have used the BB, WM, SideKick (Danger OS) and the early Symbian OS (on a Nokia phone about 10 years ago. Can't remember which phone it was though). The T (600, 650, 680, 700, etc) series was too big and the Centro looks like something I would play around with for awhile.

bbslice no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2437ACFE
    I loved my 650 and my 700p
    But nothing beats push email
    And the userinterface

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast