So, i bought the sidekick as a test vs the blackberry....i must say the sidekick ... Android Smartphones forum

CrackBerry8830 no está en línea Stack level 1

Follow-up to my BlackBerry VS Sidekick LX Thread (Full SKLX Review)

Advertisement

So, i bought the sidekick as a test vs the blackberry....i must say the sidekick is very nice and the keyboard is amazing...the blackberry's keyboard is a little tighter than the sk's...

the email client on the SK is TERRIBLE....i set up yahoo mail on the sk and i sent myself an email to that address i set up, it took twice the amount of time to get on the sk than it did 2 get on the computer...

the web browser on the sidekick renders web pages nicely as far as the layout goes, but the speed of data transfer is horrific...with all my bars in service it was just about the same amount of time as Sprint without EV-DO...so imagine how much faster sprint is....

the IM client on the sk is amazing, of course thats exactly what it is most known for...

the user interface is very simple and very very user friendly, it took approx. 1 day to learn all the shortcuts, etc.

the calender on the sidekick is decent, the blackberry calender seems simpler and easier to use...

the notepad was a big thing for me considering i rap, so i needed something that would be always available for me to type lines, ideas, etc on...with that said the notepad is decent...it is not as extensive as i thought it would be, i was expecting more of a microsoft "word"-esque notepad...

the myspace app was a nice touch seeing as you can message people, view messages and events, and view profiles...but i only use myspace as a marketing tool for my music...so its really not incredibly important...

the download catalog was decent, the sidekick really just offers programs that t mobile has made for it, no 3rd party apps....this was a BIG turnoff for me...

finally...

the SERVICE....T MOBILE is possibly the WORST service provider ive ever been with, my calls and signal were dropped constantly...the browser, email and im wouldnt work if the network was down...and seeing as how it was down QUITE OFTEN i couldnt do much with it in certain places....

sooo....after all that, i would def keep the sidekick had it not been for t mobiles TERRIBLE service...

i will be returning the Sidekick LX for a full refund...

now the question is, do i want a BlackBerry 8830 or wait for the Curve to come out on sprint? any suggestions?....

e-berry no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

Re: Follow-up to my BlackBerry VS Sidekick LX Thread (Full SKLX Review)

never had any issues with T-mobile myself as far as their service.. I get no dropped calls and my bars are almost always full... their customer service is better than, nextel & at&t from my experience.

anyway, i'm loving my BB 8320. and I still have a tmobile dash. use to have a sk2.

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID

I have had TMO in the past----the only thing that stunk was their billing department....always wrong, in their favor.

However, Interesting read on the SK....I haven't seen the new one....and the old ones just seemed so big!!!!
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

jhall1986 no está en línea Stack level 3

Well I won't blame the dropped calls on tmo. I had the sidekick 3 and it drop sevrice a lot even while emailing. I had the sk2 and the same thing its more the phone fault than the network

macallik no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    AskMe

i would say it was the phone too, not tmo.

kane no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID

tmobile is the worst carrier of them all you can expect dropped calls and i didnt have a sidekick any carrier who has a @home service to disguise sloppy service is a warning its not a deal its a fluke

Moe2005 no está en línea Stack level 3

T-Mobile has the cheapest plans & the best customer service. I have had Sprint, Nextel, and Cingular and they all suck. T-MO is the best for the money, period.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

rammerjammer no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    wilsticu

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Never had T-Mobile. I have been with ATT / Cingular for 10+ years. I don't call them unless I have to, and they do not call me. Great relationship.

rdills no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?

Tmo is the worst? That's ridiculous! Never dropped a call in 2 years! You said hotspot@home is a fluke. How? Oh, you're with sprint, so you're used to paying double! You got like 2 bbs to chose from! When you say worst, its between sprint and at&t! I would go with at&t cause at least they have the best selection of phones!
    Sidekicks aren't my style.

takadante no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24B2C963

This seems more like an argument more than a discussion. Sidekick = no no

Cracked Out no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask Pls!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~My daughter wants a side Kick for her 13 birthday so this info was quite helpful.