Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree7Likes

In my point of view its for BMWs for people in the government. They need ... Android Smartphones forum

KTW
    KTW no está en línea Stack level 5

Advertisement

In my point of view its for BMWs for people in the government. They need to get the finance from someware so they drain the tax payers ,

This is how e toll works:

YOU pay to install a tag on your numberplate, the purpose of this is to have no traffic at toll roads so the system just picks up the tag and debits it from your account. We will be charged about 3 rand per kilometer. Do you have any idea what that will do to our already destroyed economy ?

Having studied economics it would be safe to say that all prices will double over night. In the long term that means that about 30% of our current employed workers will be unemployed resulting in majour fluctustion-not good for our weak economy

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Ok nothing I don't know about. We have them here except that it's a chip that is in the car. No free rides . I take alternative routes for free and usually enjoy the scenery more... Just have to adapt.
    But R3.00 for a km is high. We average .25c (that's like R2.20) for 15kms.
    Last edited by Delfim; 04-29-2012 at 06:56 PM.

KTW
    Quote Originally Posted by delfim View Post
    Ok nothing I don't know about. We have them here except that it's a chip that is in the car. No free rides . I take alternative routes for free and usually enjoy the scenery more... Just have to adapt.
    But R3.00 for a km is high. We average .25c (that's like R2.20) for 15kms.
    Oh and i forgot to mention that we also pay a 40% livie on petrol. So petrol is almost double price then they have the cheek to give us this then they also charge us 2.00 rand for reminders to pay up or they will be forced to take legal action, literally worded like that. These reminders they charge you for, they can even send them to you 4 times a day

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Petrol here is now 1,75 Euro per litre. You work it out...
    KTW likes this.

KTW
    how much is the levie you pay ?

put it this way...zimbabwe has cheaper petrol than we do, our petrol is 12 rand theirs is 8....this can only mean one thing....CORRUPTION!

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    I have stayed quiet here purely to keep my identity safe as I am still in the field, now Del has let the "cat" out of the bag so there is no telling what will happen. I still have a few covert mechanisms available from my Raytheon days, which of course rarely travel with me. It will also be necessary to change my identity for the forthcoming trip to Russia, Del you really make life difficult!!!

Ok one more statement...im not wite
    That was a ruse to bring your true identity out.

Life will get interesting
    Delfim and KTW like this.
    Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful, and optimistic. And we will change the world. - Jack Layton (1950-2011)
    Blackberry PlayBook 64GB Nokia 1020, Microsoft Surface PRO 2

KTW
    So your the person where all my petrol moneys going....what are you going to do when all petrol engines start to use electricity ?

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Quote Originally Posted by KTW View Post
    So your the person where all my petrol moneys going....what are you going to do when all petrol engines start to use electricity ?
    Build really really expensive batteries $10K a shot which need to be replaced every 2 years plus provide the energy to generate electricity so we can get the money from you electricity bills. Seriously electric motors are still a long way from perfect, and everyone that uses them will have a real shock when their power bills come in, not forgetting the power cuts that tend to happen from over stressing the power grid. When the snows hit the US and they have week long power outages, I would not want to be driving an electric car.

You stated earlier that the government puts a 40% tax your gas, where will they get their extra income?
    Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful, and optimistic. And we will change the world. - Jack Layton (1950-2011)
    Blackberry PlayBook 64GB Nokia 1020, Microsoft Surface PRO 2

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345