Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jfcooley

Yeah, I had to see if the 2 and a half stars were warranted. They ... Android Smartphones forum

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional

facebook home. taking a bullet so you dont have to.

Advertisement

Yeah, I had to see if the 2 and a half stars were warranted.

They aren't. Need to subtract a bit. Actually a lot. All of them.

First wonderful thing I'm met with is Rogers daughter. See Roger posted a pic of her recently. Since I largely ignore Facebook my first thought was "Who is that" followed closely by "What the hell is she full screen on my phone?".
    Now Rogers daughter is a very pretty young lady. Emphasis on young. As s 43 year old man I'm incredibly uncomfortable with a picture of ANY young woman appearing ony phone, let alone one of our illustrious Admin. So Facebook Homes 1st impression was to make me feel creepy. Way to go Zuck.

OK, more and more images of my young niece, my boys young FEMALE cousin....Facebook Home is a perv. -1 star

So, my apps. Holding my face I drag it to the app icon. Yes my face. Well, the pic that is my profile image on Facebook is my face. Made sense to me. Facebook, face. So I'm now dragging my face over images of young girls (including my daughter), to get apps. Apps don't pop up though. Nope, cause that makes sense. What pops up is the opportunity to post my status (irritated), an image (a certain finger), or to check in where I am (hell).

No apps. Oh, I see, swipe left. Makes great sense.-1

The -1/2? For the life it sucked out of me in the short time it took to download.

If you really need the "Home" experience then please remove yourself from the "smartphone enthusiasts" category, and maybe the gene pool as well.

Zuck, shame on you. Shame, shame, shame. HTC, shame on you too.

Oh, and I'm not a perv.
    RogerG likes this.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    You're worse than me. Geez. For two reasons.
    One, having downloaded it. And two, talking about it. Hang on, there's three. You EVEN considering giving it any star.
    YOU HAVE BEEN PERVERTED.

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    I honestly can't see where this has any value. It cripples the intuitiveness of Android, is way too intrusive, and it lacks polish.

Why HTC thinks it will sell phones is beyond me. I hope I never meet anyone who believes Facebook Home is a great idea. Next year we will be talking about how bad a flop it was.

KTW
    KTW no está en línea Stack level 5
    gee Cooley you brave.