Hello there, Gonna try and make this short. I purchased a new phone upgrade via ... Android Smartphones forum

saxamo no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Extra Samsung Galaxy S3

Advertisement

Hello there,

Gonna try and make this short. I purchased a new phone upgrade via Verizon, they sent me to the store to pick it up. They also sent me one via ups. I paid an upgrade price for both, but now have the spare. The spare has everything you need to activate it including the sim card, nothing has been opened. Since i paid for it, can I sell it? What will the new person need to do in order to activate it? What do I need to do in order to sell it and not have the next person get in any trouble/ if in fact there would be trouble?

Please advise?

Kind regards,
    Saxamo

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Not 100% clear on what has transpired here. So you paid one upgrade fee and received two phones, or you paid two upgrade fees and got two phones?
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Sounds like an upgrade fee was paid on both Glenn. I think it would be smart to check your service. You may also have 2 lines of service.

Wasn't aware Verizon used sim cards being a cdma network. Either way I'd think its safer for you to contact them. You may think you lucked out, but there's a paper trail to you for both phones. I'd wager you could sell but I'm guessing Verizon will realize what's up and catch up with you.

Quote Originally Posted by jfcooley View Post
    Sounds like an upgrade fee was paid on both Glenn. I think it would be smart to check your service. You may also have 2 lines of service.

Wasn't aware Verizon used sim cards being a cdma network. Either way I'd think its safer for you to contact them. You may think you lucked out, but there's a paper trail to you for both phones. I'd wager you could sell but I'm guessing Verizon will realize what's up and catch up with you.
    I actually paid for two upgrades, and got two phones, called verizon and they said i would not be charge any more in the future for the additional phone since I already paid. I made sure of this. I asked if I could now keep it since I paid for it and use it in the future for an additional line or a replacement in case anything happen to mine and they said yes I could do both. I figure that since the phone is relatively hot atm. I would be better off bartering for a used laptop or outright sell the device..

Kind regards,
    Saxamo

Then I'd say you're good to go. Congrats on the new S3(s).

Thanks for the information. Is there anything I should specifically tell the new owner? Should I tell them not to use the sim card with it but purchase a plan and get there own? or should I just let them have everything and they should be alright when they go to activate? Any suggestions so no one has a problem is appreciated. Thanks!

If it hasn't been activated just sell what you got. It will be clean and shouldn't present a problem..