I request the assistance of a third party here. Why would you do or not ... Android Smartphones forum

KTW
    KTW no está en línea Stack level 5

EVO 3D FOR GS2...SHOULD I DO IT ?

Advertisement

I request the assistance of a third party here.

Why would you do or not do the trade ?

Remember...I am trading my EVO for a gs2, not the other way round.

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Was a no brainier. Make sure it isn't blacklisted or has any issues. Not sure why anyone would want a evo instead of an s2.

If you can check it out thoroughly first, do it. Try your similar card in it, check the screen.

If its an online trade, request a pic with the persona name and date, and request good quality pics.

KTW
    The device is that of a family members. Device is in brilliant condition. I've played around with it, all is equal to that of a new gs2

But what I really wanted to ask, especially you jf is if you have ever regretted the swap you made for your evo...wait...you have a gs2 right ?

KTW
    Only issue I can think of is when the device is locked and you push the home button to turn on the screen to unlock there is often a wait of about 2-3 seconds to get a response, is this normal ?

KTW
    Oh...and predictive text is a must, something I noticed it didn't have when I was using it or is it possible to activate it and how ?

Predictive text is a given. These days everyone does it. Sprint EOL the 3D. Its dead to them. EOL is end of life, means they wont carry or sell it once inventory runs dry.

Get the S2. I am sure you have seen that it is considered the best Android device. If it is or isn't may be up to the beholder, however I have beholden both and feel you'd be foolish to pass one up.

To answer your question
    No, I haven't even considered missing the Evo.
    Mine has no home button (sprints is a little different than the standard), but the phone is waking so it may take a second or two. If its rooted with custom kernel then you can change the CPU govener to speed wake by quickly ramping up the CPU. Sounds like the stock ramps up slowly or it just wakes slowly. Nothing to be concerned about.

KTW
    Thanks man
    Last edited by KTW; 04-22-2012 at 04:28 AM.

KTW
    Foolish to pas one up....means I should take it or leave it ?

But how do I activate the predictive text....remember i live in sa not usa, I'm sure you have to option to disable it and activate it but how do i get to these settings ?

Thanks for the assist again jf

KTW
    The nice thing is It's not touched-not rooted, It's as pure as when it first came out the box. Would a factory reset fix the delay ?

Honestly, is the delay THAT noticeable? Or so important that it negates everything elseM

Settings/language and input/ pick the keyboard that is in use and Change its settings.