Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree9Likes

So far I like it a lot - it has some remarkable features. Did you ... Android Smartphones forum

Advertisement

So far I like it a lot - it has some remarkable features. Did you know that you can set the device so that the screen stays on while you're looking at it? Then when you turn away it shuts off the screen? Serious, it uses eye recognition software and the front 2mp camera.

The only quirck is that it's a tick slower than my HTC HD7 Windows Phone. It's got a 1.5 ghz Dual Core, but I guess it's dragging around more OS than the 1 ghz HTC processor . . . It's not a dealbreaker, but you can tell with screen transitions etc.
    RogerG likes this.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    There's more Mark. you'll find them.
    Thanks fellas, I'll be out of here Monday.

After its first week in my paws I'm still very impressed. The only issue is speed. It's a tick slower than my last device, but not enough to be a real issue. Screen quality on the S3 is awesome. The Android OS is pretty good, but I would only place it slightly ahead of Windows Phone. Windows is a little easier to navigate, but the Android is better if you like to customize. What's cool is all my Windows stuff (mostly on Skydrive) syncs with the S3 flawlessly so all of my information (Calendar, documents, contacts, etc.) were on my new fone right away. I'm a tall guy (6'5) and so the 4.8" screen is nice for my big ol' hands.

You guys know I hate cars (the primary reason we're all unhealthy) so I bicycle for 2/3rds of my transportation needs and ride public transportation for the other third. This morning I rode my bike in the 28 degree pre-dawn city to a shopping center, locked up the bike, and rode the bus the rest of the way downtown. It was cool to light up Google Maps on the S3 and watch it track my bus route, block by block, using gps. I barely even looked out of the bus windows. I watched the little blue arrow on the map and occasionally, if the gps showed me at a certain spot or intersection, I glanced up just to prove that it was right. What a toy it is becoming! Nobody call me, please, because I'm too busy using the phone as a toy lol

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Eh, Eh...I like that.
    Suggestion. Download My Tracks and then let us know .
    Also activate Google Now. You'll get a monthly report of your comings and goings. Just set up the cards.
    Last edited by Delfim; 01-31-2013 at 09:05 PM.

KTW
    KTW no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Stone View Post
    After its first week in my paws I'm still very impressed. The only issue is speed. It's a tick slower than my last device, but not enough to be a real issue. Screen quality on the S3 is awesome. The Android OS is pretty good, but I would only place it slightly ahead of Windows Phone. Windows is a little easier to navigate, but the Android is better if you like to customize. What's cool is all my Windows stuff (mostly on Skydrive) syncs with the S3 flawlessly so all of my information (Calendar, documents, contacts, etc.) were on my new fone right away. I'm a tall guy (6'5) and so the 4.8" screen is nice for my big ol' hands.

You guys know I hate cars (the primary reason we're all unhealthy) so I bicycle for 2/3rds of my transportation needs and ride public transportation for the other third. This morning I rode my bike in the 28 degree pre-dawn city to a shopping center, locked up the bike, and rode the bus the rest of the way downtown. It was cool to light up Google Maps on the S3 and watch it track my bus route, block by block, using gps. I barely even looked out of the bus windows. I watched the little blue arrow on the map and occasionally, if the gps showed me at a certain spot or intersection, I glanced up just to prove that it was right. What a toy it is becoming! Nobody call me, please, because I'm too busy using the phone as a toy lol
    ..."toy"...didn't you once say you did not need or want a toy ?
    see you have been missing out LOL

and, no I'm not using my dads computer.
    Mark Stone likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by KTW View Post
    ..."toy"...didn't you once say you did not need or want a toy ?
    see you have been missing out LOL

and, no I'm not using my dads computer.
    Hahahahahahaha!! You have a great memory! I must have been upset about something . . .

Actually, if we are truly honest with ourselves, all of our possessions are "toys" and it's just a happy "happenstance" that they can be necessary.
    KTW likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12