I have posted a similar thread before. I'm looking for an app to download to ... Android Smartphones forum

visionthing no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASK ME

Email app for Android

Advertisement

I have posted a similar thread before. I'm looking for an app to download to make my Hotmail and AOL accounts to work properly on my phone. Thanks in advance.

boomboom no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    retired
    You might beable to search the marketplace, but this was the whole reason why I returned mytouch before the 14 days were up last August... Iphone/WINMO/Blackberry really do e-mail correctly. Blackberry is the leader.

PIN/ID
    ASK ME
    Quote Originally Posted by boomboom View Post
    You might beable to search the marketplace, but this was the whole reason why I returned mytouch before the 14 days were up last August... Iphone/WINMO/Blackberry really do e-mail correctly. Blackberry is the leader.
    Bb is great for email and if they decide to bring out a proper touchscreen phone, I might be back. For now I am trying to get my Android to have a flawless email.

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Why not import your other account emails to Gmail. Should all come through then with no need for any other software. Then you are just checking one account on the PC and on the Phone. This is the way I have my mothers email set up.

PIN/ID
    ASK ME
    Quote Originally Posted by BHP77 View Post
    Why not import your other account emails to Gmail. Should all come through then with no need for any other software. Then you are just checking one account on the PC and on the Phone. This is the way I have my mothers email set up.
    Thanks. I was thinking of that. Will I be able to send from different accounts aswell?

PIN/ID
    Apple
    No, because you are using Gmail it will use your Gmail address to send. Now if you want to have seperate accounts for differant people/items/business you can set up differant Gmail accounts for each and import yahoo to one, hot mail to other so on and so on. When you reply it will send from that particular Gmail address and if the other party saves it as new the youare ok, if they dont and still send to your other email you are still ok.

PIN/ID
    ASK ME
    Quote Originally Posted by BHP77 View Post
    No, because you are using Gmail it will use your Gmail address to send. Now if you want to have seperate accounts for differant people/items/business you can set up differant Gmail accounts for each and import yahoo to one, hot mail to other so on and so on. When you reply it will send from that particular Gmail address and if the other party saves it as new the youare ok, if they dont and still send to your other email you are still ok.
    Let me ask you, when I had my BB. I could delete emails on my phone and still keep them on the server. Is this possible with Android?

PIN/ID
    Apple
    I know what you are talking about but with Gmail i don't use this so i;m not sure that that is available. What gmail has is labels. So, you have an email from your boss that you wan to save, you read the email in your inbox on your phone, you change the label(this is just two steps) of this email to work and it takes it out of your inbox and puts in in your work labeled folder. Now on your Gmail on your PC it wont be in your inbox but it will be in your work folder. It syncs this with your phone. So emails that you don't want to delete don't get deleted but they also don't clutter your inbox with saved mail.

PIN/ID
    ASK ME
    Good advice thanks. I added some trust to your profile.

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Thanks, Glad I could help you out.