Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By fwellers

So first couple of hours with my new Motorola Razr Maxx. One of the first ... Android Smartphones forum

fwellers no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    242219FB

dumb story about first day with Razr

Advertisement

So first couple of hours with my new Motorola Razr Maxx.
    One of the first things I did with the phone was put a pin on the screen lock.
    So later on, I am trying to get into the phone, and forgot I put the pin on. The screen I see shows a keypad and it says on the bottom, "Emergency Calls Only". No matter what I did, I could not get out of that screen.

So, I called Verizon tech support, and explained the situation to them. I described the screen I was stuck on. They had me reboot a couple of times, then when that didn't work, the Tier 2 tech came on the line and had me try and do a factory reset a bunch of times. Nothing worked, the factory reset wouldn't happen, nothing !!
    The verizon techs were totally stumped and I was upset that my brand new phone was now a brick.

So I boogied over to the store I got it from, before it closed. The girl that sold me the phone came over and asked what was wrong, so I told her my phone was dead and I need a new one. I explained the screen I was stuck in and first thing she says is "Did you put a pin or password on the screen lock ?" Boom, the light went off in my skull and the problem was solved !!!
    Major duh, and major embarassment, but what does it say for the verizon tech support ? hahahahaha.

Anyway, just thought I'd share that little drama with a happy ending. :-))

Thanks,
    Floyd
    Delfim likes this.
    People who want to share their religious views with you almost never want you to share yours with them.
    Peace,
    Floyd

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Glad it worked out, but don't feel dumb. If I remember correctly you're coming from a blackberry. New platform can cause drama moments but I doubt your the only one who ever did it.

By the way, good to see you posting.

PS- tech support tries but yeah......sometimes they're out there.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Great story, Floyd....and welcome back.

fwellers no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    242219FB
    Thanks guys. Can't wait till I get. Comfortable with the keyboard.
    People who want to share their religious views with you almost never want you to share yours with them.
    Peace,
    Floyd