So I have been a loyal AT&T customer for several years, i.e. since Cingular Wireless. ... Android Smartphones forum

Allwin no está en línea Stack level 2

Droid X and Verizon

Advertisement

So I have been a loyal AT&T customer for several years, i.e. since Cingular Wireless. I am so tired of my iPhone. I have the 3G and Apple said that iOS4 would work on it. It is so slow now since I installed iOS4. So I went to my local Verizon store and looked at the Droid X. Absolutely amazing. I loved the demo phone in the store. I told the CSR I wanted to get two of them. One for me and one for my wife. She said ok but we will have to order them for you. UGHH...now I am so excited and impatient. I want the phone so bad. I am looking on Youtube every day and several reviews and unboxing videos. I just hope that the Verizon Network is better than AT&T.

Congratulations on you new Droids! Believe me, time will crawl until they arrive. Too bad that we have to switch carriers sometimes to get the best stuff! Enjoy them!

Allwin no está en línea Stack level 2
    I'm not to upset about leaving AT&T. I have been getting a ton of dropped calls lately. I just hope Verizon's service is much better

rdills no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    Congrats, you made a great choice!

The reception on the Droid X is amazing! What I did to avoid that long wait was buy it from Walmart. I checked every store in a 30 mile radius and finally found one. No wait or mail-in rebate. You can also try Best Buy. Of course that was a month ago, so they may be sold out now, but its worth a try. If you luck up you can cancel your order with Verizon. Let us know when you get them because there are some must have apps I can tell you about to greatly improve your experience with the DX.
    You can't learn anything if you're talking!

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    The best way to find out about how Verizon service is would be to ask people in all the areas you spend the most time....ask neighbors what carrier they use, same with co-workers, friends, the barista at Starbucks.....everywhere you hang out, ask what carrier they use and how reliable the service is for them in that area. Hopefully you did that before you ordered

My mom loves her X, it is a nice phone....I still like my original Moto Droid better though
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

MeatLoafT no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Allwin View Post
    I just hope that the Verizon Network is better than AT&T.
    I get much better service and fewer dropped calls with VZW. I also have had a lot better luck with VZW customer service than AT&T. The only thing I miss is "rollover minutes" but since I pay for 450/month and only use maybe 100 since most of my calls are M2M, it's no longer a factor.