Results 1 to 14 of 14

I left my Droid last night at 40% battery and Battery Time said I had ... Android Smartphones forum

  1. #1
    WhitePearlPXL's Avatar
    WhitePearlPXL no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    642

    Droid Battery Life

    Advertisement



    I left my Droid last night at 40% battery and Battery Time said I had 107 hours of idle time. I woke up to a dead Droid 'cause I forgot my charger in a friend's car. I think that's pretty ridiculous as far as battery life goes. Is anyone else getting it this bad?
    Paolo
    Moto Droid with SteamROM v4.0.5 Steam Theme
    Steam 1.2ghz Low Voltage Kernel
    Apple MacBook Pro
    Jeremiah 29:11
    Try us out! www.mycellularsource.com

  2. #2
    Antgod's Avatar
    Antgod no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    PIN/ID
    2148A220
    Posts
    320
    no help yet,we might be the only people on this site with a droid
    " B safe "

  3. #3
    aergern's Avatar
    aergern no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    137
    You need to figure out what it running in the backround. Mine uses maybe 10% over 8 hours in standby when I'm sleeping.
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.0.1; en-us; Droid Build/ESD56) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17

  4. #4
    rdills's Avatar
    rdills no está en línea Stack Professional
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    Posts
    1,255
    If you guys are rooted, get "set cpu", and set it to the lowest settings when in stand by. You will see a drastic change. And like aergern said, a good task manager is key. I lose about 10% after 8 hours of stand by as well. And that's with live wallpapers running.

    Its so many good ROMs and tips to help optimize your experience. If you run into a problem there's almost always a fix.
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1; en-us; Droid Build/ERD79) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17
    Last edited by rdills; 02-21-2010 at 06:44 PM.

  5. #5
    WhitePearlPXL's Avatar
    WhitePearlPXL no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    642
    Quote Originally Posted by rdills View Post
    If you guys are rooted, get "set cpu", and set it to the lowest settings when in stand by. You will see a drastic change. And like aergern said, a good task manager is key. I lose about 10% after 8 hours of stand by as well. And that's with live wallpapers running.

    Its so many good ROMs and tips to help optimize your experience. If you run into a problem there's almost always a fix.
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1; en-us; Droid Build/ERD79) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17
    i've got SetCPU running on demand with 250mhz as the lowest clock speed. I also turned off auto sync and gps. so weird.
    Paolo
    Moto Droid with SteamROM v4.0.5 Steam Theme
    Steam 1.2ghz Low Voltage Kernel
    Apple MacBook Pro
    Jeremiah 29:11
    Try us out! www.mycellularsource.com

  6. #6
    DjSmooth's Avatar
    DjSmooth no está en línea Stack Professional
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    2,080
    Don't forget wifi, and the Weather, Twitter updates will do a number on your battery as well, and the Brightness of the screen as well.

  7. #7
    rdills's Avatar
    rdills no está en línea Stack Professional
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    Posts
    1,255
    Quote Originally Posted by WhitePearlPXL View Post
    i've got SetCPU running on demand with 250mhz as the lowest clock speed. I also turned off auto sync and gps. so weird.

    Do you have the profiles feature active ? This is a very important feature in making battery life better than when its running the stock OS. On Demand alone will not help your battery life. In stand by/sleep mode mine is set to 125 to 250. Another thing, I've tried quite a few ROMs and some are much better than others.

    If youre getting poor battery life with the settings I gave you, then I would change ROMs. Its supposed to be stable with little problems. No over heating, FCs or things like that. But there are some that do. I've tried every version of Bugless Beast and never had a single issue. I recommend this one to everybody. It runs live wallpapers prefectly, even at 550mhz, but I keep mine at 800mhz. Smooth, fast, and well.....a Beast!

    Make sure you try them all before you settle on a ROM, which is the fun way, or go the easy way and flash The best now. Bugless beast!

    2.1 ROM http://alldroid.org/viewtopic.php?f=309&t=2415

    2.0.1 ROM http://alldroid.org/viewtopic.php?f=309&t=2614
    Last edited by rdills; 02-22-2010 at 05:29 AM.
    You can't learn anything if you're talking!

  8. #8
    WhitePearlPXL's Avatar
    WhitePearlPXL no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    642
    Quote Originally Posted by rdills View Post
    Do you have the profiles feature active ? This is a very important feature in making battery life better than when its running the stock OS. On Demand alone will not help your battery life. In stand by/sleep mode mine is set to 125 to 250. Another thing, I've tried quite a few ROMs and some are much better than others.

    If youre getting poor battery life with the settings I gave you, then I would change ROMs. Its supposed to be stable with little problems. No over heating, FCs or things like that. But there are some that do. I've tried every version of Bugless Beast and never had a single issue. I recommend this one to everybody. It runs live wallpapers prefectly, even at 550mhz, but I keep mine at 800mhz. Smooth, fast, and well.....a Beast!

    Make sure you try them all before you settle on a ROM, which is the fun way, or go the easy way and flash The best now. Bugless beast!

    2.1 ROM http://alldroid.org/viewtopic.php?f=309&t=2415

    2.0.1 ROM http://alldroid.org/viewtopic.php?f=309&t=2614
    Yeah, my profiles are active. I'm rather enjoying Sholes 2.0.5, but I'll try BB when Sholes is back up and running so I can flash back to it if I don't like BB. Thanks!
    Paolo
    Moto Droid with SteamROM v4.0.5 Steam Theme
    Steam 1.2ghz Low Voltage Kernel
    Apple MacBook Pro
    Jeremiah 29:11
    Try us out! www.mycellularsource.com

  9. #9
    dyoung804's Avatar
    dyoung804 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    42
    Quote Originally Posted by WhitePearlPXL View Post
    I left my Droid last night at 40% battery and Battery Time said I had 107 hours of idle time. I woke up to a dead Droid 'cause I forgot my charger in a friend's car. I think that's pretty ridiculous as far as battery life goes. Is anyone else getting it this bad?
    I was until i purchased a 23mah battery. now life is sweet!

  10. #10
    WhitePearlPXL's Avatar
    WhitePearlPXL no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    642
    Quote Originally Posted by dyoung804 View Post
    I was until i purchased a 23mah battery. now life is sweet!
    where'd you get that thing? does it look horrendous?
    Paolo
    Moto Droid with SteamROM v4.0.5 Steam Theme
    Steam 1.2ghz Low Voltage Kernel
    Apple MacBook Pro
    Jeremiah 29:11
    Try us out! www.mycellularsource.com

  11. #11
    clyderick3's Avatar
    clyderick3 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2
    My HTC Hero's battery life is bad also. Two months has passed since that has happened though. It doesn't happen anymore to me. Please join the Facebook group 'Young Androids' to show support for Android phones. Questions and advice are more than welcome.

  12. #12
    jfcooley's Avatar
    jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    7,479
    What folks have to remember are the processes that run, Widgets, and even crap ROM kernel combos if rooted.
    having weather update every half hour with Facebook, twit, auto updates from the market, etc can all add up to a dead battery. You may think you've got it nailed down, but its easy to forget the little things.
    Better battery widget (think that's the name) will provide charts etc to keep track of what's going on. If you use it, you can determine when your battery is being put under load. Can also find apps that can check for wake lock, which can kill a batt too.

  13. #13
    antonylewar's Avatar
    antonylewar no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    10
    Do not forget turnoff the Wi-Fi when you dont need on the phone as it is the largest power consumption area. This could improve battery life time.

  14. #14
    HarvestorB's Avatar
    HarvestorB no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    7
    I have stopped expecting battery backup from by Android, Motorola Defy. Cant do without charging my phone twice daily.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •