After years of using a blackberry, I decided to give the g1 a go. I ... Android Smartphones forum

li2327 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    30D2E555

Decided to try the g1

Advertisement

After years of using a blackberry, I decided to give the g1 a go. I really like it so far. There are so many free apps for it in the android market. I haven't had any love loss for blackberries. Just trying something different.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

riffman no está en línea Stack Professional
    I know- I ported my number over to a tmo G1 last night and I am really loving it thusfar. I also plan on developing apps/themes, as I have in the past for BB- Chris aka riffman
    Samsung Vibrant, OS2.1
    " I do many things well- none of which generate income"
    - riffman

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    That's good to hear, you will have to keep us updated with everything. More the better.

data1025 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I bought my wife the G1 a few weeks ago. Do they need to be rebooted every now and then like the BB?

The only thing she doesn't like so far is the keyboard backlight on the white G1. It makes it harder to see the keyboard. There was an app to remove the light but it quit working with the Cupcake upgrade.

wckdclwnz no está en línea Stack level 1
    ive had one since before it came out in oct of last year. my only gripe with the phone is why the crap doesnt the camera have a flash and why cant u zoom in using the camera. if possible that needs to be taken care of by a developer or a future update.

WhitePearlPXL no está en línea Stack level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by data1025 View Post
    I bought my wife the G1 a few weeks ago. Do they need to be rebooted every now and then like the BB?

The only thing she doesn't like so far is the keyboard backlight on the white G1. It makes it harder to see the keyboard. There was an app to remove the light but it quit working with the Cupcake upgrade.
    Yes. Tmo recommends at most every night, but I do mine once a week or whenever I can remember.
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.5; en-us; T-Mobile G1 Build/CRC1) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1

I7oobie no está en línea Device Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by wckdclwnz View Post
    ive had one since before it came out in oct of last year. my only gripe with the phone is why the crap doesnt the camera have a flash and why cant u zoom in using the camera. if possible that needs to be taken care of by a developer or a future update.
    I do believe, as of the cupcake upgrade, you can zoom now...
    Black G1 w/Root
    JesusFreke's Moddified RC30 v1.3
    Auto-rotate Enabled
    Auto-rotate Browser Enabled
    Manup's Blue Star 5 Theme

disturkis4u no está en línea Stack level 3
    No zoom still
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.5; en-us; T-Mobile G1 Build/CRC1) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1

Mortgage_Man no está en línea Stack level 3
    I have zoom and have had it on Cyanogen's rom over on the xda forums....currently running CM v.4.0.2 with camera zoom, mulitouch browsing, apps 2 sd, and a Linux swap file....runs fast and smooth. You will need to root your G1 in order to get this. He has many donut updates on his rom.