Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By PapaMag
  • 1 Post By BP41

Let me first apologize for asking someone to do the work I could not. I ... Android Smartphones forum

nova609 no está en línea Stack level 3

Data speed Thread

Advertisement

Let me first apologize for asking someone to do the work I could not. I know that somewhere on here there is a thread that gives instructions on creating a way to bypass throttling.....I believe it involves creating an APN??? I did it on my S2 Skyrocket, but now have a Note 2 and need to do it to this phone. I could not find the thread anywhere...... After a week at the beach and my 3yr old on Netflix the entire time, I have been throttled at 2gb one week into my billing cycle. Thanks for any and all replies!

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    Not sure if this was the article you were referring to but check this out http://forums.pinstack.com/f277/arti...d_data-131985/

Samsung Galaxy S4
    Asus Nexus 7
    Nook Color

Thanks for the reply, but I am referring to an actual "how to" with the steps on setting up an "port" or "apn"....not sure of the exact term.....but the way I understood it was you can go into your settings and flip to another "network" sort of. Sorry for the ignorance...this is damn near driving me nuts...phone is pretty much useless. I was throttled once before on my old phone and switched over to the new setting and speeds went back to normal.

PIN/ID
    Nadda
    Now you have my curiosity going plus I would like to help. Not sure what carrier but I found this info http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1474482

RogerG likes this.

Samsung Galaxy S4
    Asus Nexus 7
    Nook Color

Talk about timing.....I just found that thread and finished reading it.....checked my settings and they match it exactly (from factory). I did notice that thread is from feb 2012.....wonder if settings have changed. Maybe I'm just crazy but after that text message warning from att my phone just seems much slower. I wish I would have done a speed test prior, but I just did two tests and I'm between 2.5-3mb down.....would you all consider this slow? Or am I just spoiled by my wifi. At the beach I had no wifi which is was screwed me....here at home and work I'm constantly connected wifi.....btw, I'm in 4g not 4gLTE area.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Here's another thread I found on XDA. Looks like once you're throttled, there's not much you can do, so you'd have to wait until the next billing cycle to implement the APN.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1796372

I figured there may be more info on XDA, but I don't dare ask a question on there...I've made the mistake of asking a dumb question on there and my you know what is still sore from the pounding I got.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    LOL! Yeah, that's why we've been trying to build that sort of knowledge base here. Just takes time and resources.

BP41 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    7B47F4DA
    XDA has great amount of Android knowledge on it. But it feels as if 90% of its members are entitled jackasses. You can't ask a question on there with 100 posts of "use the search function". The problem with using the search function is all those self proclaimed android gods, have no sense of organization. Threads are not tagged properly which yields search results of 100s of pages of crap you don't need. If they would get up from their moms basement and have relationships outside a computer. The site would be better off.

Anyway, someone on here will find if they have not already what you need. Welcome back to a real smartphone community, were we love helping.

KTW likes this.

PIN/ID
    Nadda
    Quote Originally Posted by BHP41 View Post
    XDA has great amount of Android knowledge on it. But it feels as if 90% of its members are entitled jackasses. You can't ask a question on there with 100 posts of "use the search function". The problem with using the search function is all those self proclaimed android gods, have no sense of organization. Threads are not tagged properly which yields search results of 100s of pages of crap you don't need. If they would get up from their moms basement and have relationships outside a computer. The site would be better off.

Anyway, someone on here will find if they have not already what you need. Welcome back to a real smartphone community, were we love helping.

I have learned from experience to go to XDA with what I need or am looking for in mind, work directly with OP when possible, ignore most of the idiot posts, contribute where I can. They really expect you to read through 78 pages of posts to find the exact thing you need, and most are on a mobile device when searching. You are correct there is vast knowledge but I have found in some areas I'm just as smart as they are is not more so. I have been a member of PinStack for over 7 years, and not once have I had a rude moment, it just doesn't compute on this site.

Sorry didn't mean to hijack

Samsung Galaxy S4
    Asus Nexus 7
    Nook Color

KTW
    KTW no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaMag View Post
    I have learned from experience to go to XDA with what I need or am looking for in mind, work directly with OP when possible, ignore most of the idiot posts, contribute where I can. They really expect you to read through 78 pages of posts to find the exact thing you need, and most are on a mobile device when searching. You are correct there is vast knowledge but I have found in some areas I'm just as smart as they are is not more so. I have been a member of PinStack for over 7 years, and not once have I had a rude moment, it just doesn't compute on this site.

Sorry didn't mean to hijack

please define idiot posts, I'm trying to make a comparison to some of my posts on pinstack as no one has sent me a PM, very frustrating.

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    XDA is what it is, and its a pain.

Sadly, you are hit with "search for it" and amusingly there are threads where they complain about people not searching. Usually once a month....

I can't defend the site. Some users are just as BHP describes. The HTC forum for the Evo was the worst I had used.

I've learned how to pick through it all to get what I need. I help every now and then.

Prefer here.

PIN/ID
    Nadda
    Quote Originally Posted by KTW View Post
    please define idiot posts, I'm trying to make a comparison to some of my posts on pinstack as no one has sent me a PM, very frustrating.
    Not sure what you want to be PM'd about, and nothing posted here is what I was referring to. My comment about those types of posts refer to off the wall, sharp or rude comments that have no relevance to the question whatsoever. Like why can't you search or read are you lazy this was discussed 20 pages back. Some people don't have all day to read a thread to hopefully find a answer to their question.

Samsung Galaxy S4
    Asus Nexus 7
    Nook Color