Hello, My cousin just got new EVO and wanted to find out if he could ... Android Smartphones forum

lie07 no está en línea Stack level 2

Question Corp Email

Advertisement

Hello,

My cousin just got new EVO and wanted to find out if he could get his hilton emails on there?
    I tried my best to get something working but i wasnt able to get anything working.

anyone would know best app for it or any solution would help

Thanks

Shawn761 no está en línea Stack level 1
    If the company uses Exchange then he will need to find out the server settings for their mail. Your best bet would be to setup their email using Activesync.

He would get the settings from his company

only option he got is the ActiveSync one.... but i dont know how it workk
    so might set it up and see how it actually work

gr8cop no está en línea Stack level 3
    As Shawn stated. If he obtains the server name, domain name and use his email address and password, he should have no problems setting it up. I just did it with ease on a Samsung Vibrant.
    Went to the darkside and got a Vibrant!

pouit no está en línea Stack level 1
    Tell him he should get a blackberry. Corp email is simple. "Droid does" but blackberry does better.

his plan was to get BB but i donno why he got EVO anyway thanks for the help

Blackberry is good and all, but if he has a full exchange mailbox and wants his work email on it, he would have to purchase a BES account from his wireless provider first. If he has a pop 3 or IMAP account, he can stick with BIS.

Activesync though is free. I have helped setup numerous people with the EVO on Activesync and had no problems at all. He should not have any problems getting the necessary information needed to setup his email from his company.

Charlie Hustle no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    skdck
    Quote Originally Posted by pouit View Post
    Tell him he should get a blackberry. Corp email is simple. "Droid does" but blackberry does better.
    Actually not really, if he has the correct info, domain name and mail server address, also he will most likely have to check the ssl box also.
    When its activated, its just as good as having BES on his phone. It syncs his contacts, mail and calendars instantly. Also theres a after hour setting where you can set it to 2,3,4,8 hour checks.
    i have my settings to sync instantly during working hours (8-4) and after hours i have it syncing every 4 hours. I dont want to have anything to do with work when i leave the grounds. If the servers go down and its that important, they will call me.