Hey guys, when i set the phone months back i set the email to receive ... Android Smartphones forum

niceguy no está en línea Stack level 2

Can't reply to/send email SGS

Advertisement

Hey guys, when i set the phone months back i set the email to receive my aol account emails via the email icon at the bottom of the galaxy s screen. It receives and updates no problem but if i compose or reply to an email it puts them in the outbox and won't send them. I assumed that everything was setup automatically but do i need to change the outgoing setting or something? Don't want another mail app if i don't have to. Thanks!
    Jeremy

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4S: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.0.3; en-us; HTC_One_S Build/IML74K) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

Yes it sounds like your outgoing server is set up wrong. I'm on my phone otherwise I'd search the settings for you but thats what it sounds like.

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional

RayZ no está en línea Stack level 5
    Is aol a web based client? if it is then you won't be able to send unless you are in the web based client's homepage. That's what I discovered about my att.net email account.

Quote Originally Posted by RayZ View Post
    Is aol a web based client? if it is then you won't be able to send unless you are in the web based client's homepage. That's what I discovered about my att.net email account.
    I'm really not sure....I worked out of town all weekend so I'll have to check into it more tomorrow....I'm going to mess with the outgoing server settings, I have a feeling that it's something simple. Just never bothered with it until I needed it-too bad it didn't work then lol...

Thanks for the input guys, I'll report back!
    Last edited by niceguy; 09-02-2012 at 10:44 PM.

https://motorola-global-portal.custh...l-email-set-up

Another one. Even though it says for a moto DROID should work the same.

It's like setting up an email client on a pc. You just need the server settings for imap or pop3.

Most of the time the email client will automatically set it up for you.

Well I got it working! I just redid the account/settings and works great. Now my only issue is an intermittent issue where my Galaxy S doesn't send MMS/picture texts to others regardless of carrier. The camera is set to reduce resolution suitable for texting (also set to normal and not fine). Sometimes people get them, sometimes they don't and I get a 'Failed' message.
    Cspire already did some remote reset where I had to enter a code and it worked great for a month lol....otherwise the phone is great!

There's similar issues with sprint and ssome gnex users. I'm tied up next couple days but will try to find info.

I'm assuming your stock unrooted, correct?

Yeah stock unrooted...I haven't had much time to consider rooting or even mess with the phone as I only use it for the basics including light internet usage. 3g is pretty quick when I'm in a good spot.