It seems that autofocus issue with the Droid camera have been taken care of for ... Android Smartphones forum

cgaliffi no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    22D95A46

camera fix for now

Advertisement

It seems that autofocus issue with the Droid camera have been taken care of for now. You can go over to androidguys.com to read about the fix. (Sorry for no link- I'm on my Droid)
    My camera works flawlessly now. All green lines- no red when taking pics anymore.

Here's the link:

http://www.androidguys.com/2009/11/1...olved-for-now/

Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.0; en-us; Droid Build/ESD20) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17

Last edited by cgaliffi; 11-17-2009 at 08:53 PM.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    I didn't get much chance to play with the camera yet and didn't notice any green or red lines before. I did take some macro shots today though and thought it did an amazing job for a phone camera. Could never get this kind of detail with my BB camera.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

PIN/ID
    22D95A46
    The auto focus issue was a problem with a lot of Droid users on various forums. The camera would never focus correctly the majority of the time people used it. They would get the red frame instead of the green which meant the picture would not focus. A permanent fix should be coming on Dec. 11th.
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.0; en-us; Droid Build/ESD20) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    I was reading that if you wipe off the lens and make sure it's clean before it has helped. Has anyone tried cleaning it first to see if it helps?

Others with the same issue link

PIN/ID
    22D95A46
    That's what I read too but according to the website I mentioned it has to do with a date/time stamp issue with the camera although cleaning the lens can't hurt. Either way it's fixed.