Alright guys and gals, I need some feedback here. My brother just got the treo ... Android Smartphones forum

kutdawg no está en línea Stack level 2

Blackberry vs. Treo

Advertisement

Alright guys and gals, I need some feedback here.
    My brother just got the treo 650, and we got into a heated debate
    about which PDA is better, my BB 8700c or his treo 650.
    Of course i think the 8700 is better, but i would like to get some info
    from other BB lovers, and maybe some of you who have owned a treo.

ffmike no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    21C0D135

Re: Blackberry vs. Treo

I have users with each of them, the big difference is the email push. We have a BES here and the Treo users are left out in the cold. there are other features of the Treo that they like, such as a camera. Most of my users have switched to the Blackberry due to the superior email handeling. The form factor is similar, the Treo has a touch screen but no track wheel or track ball, it uses directional buttons. Everything else is pure preference.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Wombat no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2104929D

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I don't have a Treo, but have used palm OS for 8 years. The biggest difference is the push and handling of email. The palm has a much larger library of software and handles the more complex software apps better, ie, native Word and Excel, true attachment handling, better graphics resolution for photos, movies, games, etc. They also make passable MP3 players. Current palm also have much more memory and have expansion cards.
    I have both a BB 7105t and a palm TX. The BB is quicker to get into action for looking up addresses, web access, and of course email, which the BB has no peer. I find the calender function of the BB limited compared to the palm (I use Agendus pro on the TX so the base palm calender may be closer to the BB). Basically the BB is used for quick access items, email and online stuff. The TX is for more detailed items.
    Hope this helped.

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157

We have users on bb and treos. The major reason people always go for the bb is reliability. The Treo's are locking up a lot and need occasional reboots to stay hooked up to our GoodLink server. The users to like the Treo for form factor, they would choose the bb 7100 series but it doesn't have the full qwerty keyboard. Plus, being in the construction industry the direct connect we have on our Nextel 7520s is a must.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

peguero no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID

WHAT UP KUTDAWG!

You and your brother will know the TRUE winner....when one of your devices freezes and/or will spontaneously reboot. Or my personal fav....when it freezes during a call. LMAO

Gotta lov TREO 650!!! (oops did I give away the crappy smart phone???)

kutdawg no está en línea Stack level 2

Ahhh....once again i feel at ease.

sb127 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E97C28

I've been using a Treo 650 for about a year...until last week when I got an 8700c. Can't say the Treo is a piece of junk, although the email client (versamail?) that it comes with is crap. With an IMAP email account and Chatteremail ($40 one time fee), it will receive email in a "push" type of fashion similar to the BB. You can file/store/view emails right from the Treo.

My Treo didn't really have a problem with crashing/rebooting. It would inevitably happen once every few weeks, but not really a big deal.

Things I don't like about the Treo....
    1) External antenna
    2) No "face in" belt clip holsters worth buying
    3) Battery life...2 days tops

The "push services" available for the BB are a nice bonus, also. Weather, News, etc.

IMHO, the BB on BES blows away the Treo. If you're comparing BB BIS to Treo, I'd take the Treo in a heartbeat.....unless email syncronization isn't all that important to you.

0siris no está en línea Stack level 2

I'll take a moment to echo the previous stuff, except that I will explicitly say I think the Treo is a better PDA. The Blackberry, it's a messaging device. Nothing I've seen for the Treo matches that. But for overall information and data management, I'd go with the Treo.

Both good devices, IMO, built for different basic types of uses, and each is tops in that arena.