Hey fellow stackerz, i may be a lil late in the PDA world, but i ... Android Smartphones forum

kutdawg no está en línea Stack level 2

Blackberry versus.....

Advertisement

Hey fellow stackerz, i may be a lil late in the PDA world, but i just reviewed the apple iphone...and wow that thing looks amazing.
    I have a 8700c and i absolutely love my BB...but u gotta admit the iphone
    looks pretty sweet. Blackberry vs. iphone who wins???

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Re: Blackberry versus.....

BlackBerry hands down....Unless you are the type of person that spends hours at Starbucks reading books and meeting up with your friends who are leaching off of their dads trust funds and you wanna look cool.

cclaw125 no está en línea Stack level 3

Blackberry all the way. I'm not a fan of Apple products anyway.

Yellowfin no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    317F3C36

The Berry wins on being not a touch screen, so there will be an advantage of durability. Also I would bet that the iPhone will be a very popular target for thieves.

BenMarvin no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Blackberry, it has way more functionality and flexibility, it's proven, it's solid, and it will always top in the corporate segment. As far as the iPhone, it's so last year. Nokia is king of music playing phones. The iPhone lacks 3G. It's not even a true smartphone, although its $499 price tag put it in the smartphone segment. See this list of gripes on what else is wrong with it. Sure, Apple is great at marketing, and perhaps they can sell an iPhone to a lot of iPod owners, but in the mobile game, they're going to have to do a lot more to be competitive.

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I think it's slightly premature to bash the iPhone, considering it's not even released yet.

Corporate Users, though some may drool, will not be affected; BlackBerry has that market solid.

Consumers are another totally separate market.

For myself? If it does what it claims to do, then I would give up my Pearl without thinking twice. (And I'm a corporate user!!)

However, I've also been a Mac User since the dawn of time. I have no reason or desire to ever own anything but a Mac for personal use. It's a belief, and some may agree, and many others will disagree.

But Steve's price point consideration is quite valid. The price of an iPod Nano plus a Pearl is about the same as the anticipated iPhone.

I may always pay "more" for my Apple products, but they do more, and then I do more. This will always be of great value to me. I certainly don't mind paying a premium for a premium product.

But alas, this is the history of Apple: few people get it, and the rest languish in the frustration of windows.

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Good points Lewis.

My point of view: First and foremost, I am a gadget freak! I love having the newest cutting edge technology. Price (within reason) is usually not a factor. I've taken a look at as much as I could find on the IPhone and I must say, it looks like quite a product! So far I only see two things with the product that I wish were different: 1) touchscreen. I've never been a fan of touchscreens and 2) I do not like big phones.

I also don't like to carry around too many devices while at work or out and about. Since my email needs, first and foremost are corporate, the iphone would not work for me as an everyday phone/email tool. Which is why I will continue to be a Blackberry user (hurry up on the 8800 already!).

That being said, I am sure that I will eventually buy an iphone just because it's the hot gadget (not meant in a bad way).

I don't think this whole argument should be about RIM versus Mac, but more about what people's needs are.

To each his own. If that wasn't the case, this would be an incredibly boring world.

I eagerly anticipate Stacker's reviews of the Iphone!

xtasyboi_00 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    PM

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Phone is too much. I still would wait for the 8800. I'll save my money for that.

bricoleur no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E6F2B5

the iPhone being all touch screen makes me not want it. I don't like that and its why I never got a Treo
    It's not that I dont make sense you just don't have my vision

PIN 23E6F2B5

soren1234 no está en línea Stack level 1

you won't get shot over a blackberry... but an iphone?

that aside, RIM will not be phased by iphone. Nor will most BB users. I think iphone will be a POS. I'd give iphone v1.1 or so a try...