Greetings all... I'm running Blackberry Connect on a Nokia e61 on Cingular. All seems to ... Android Smartphones forum

bdg_ny06 no está en línea Stack level 1

Blackberry Connect HTML support

Advertisement

Greetings all...
    I'm running Blackberry Connect on a Nokia e61 on Cingular. All seems to be working fine but there seems to be a lack of support for HTML encoded email. I'm not sure if this is a limitation of the Nokia's (symbian) email client or Blackberry Connect... Any ideas?

Cheers,
    Brian

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

It would be device related.

Html email is sent and received as plain text, with html tags, it is the client which renders this html into images or merely displays the text.

However, no BlackBerry device will render html. It's not a "limitation" as much as it is a purposeful choice. A - that's a lot of data to retrieve images which are not formatted for a small screen of a mobile device, B - it would be very slow to load, and C - it's just asking for virae to be downloaded along with the rendered html content.

jchapman01 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24a51ff4
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~quite right lewie, quite right.

manapuaman no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23f011d6
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~They should filter the HTML tags. Doesn't look very nice with those tags but some of the email I receive have a link for the HTML which I like a lot.