Possibly a new project for me... I plan to get the Nokia 770 Internet Tablet ... Android Smartphones forum

MirandaSoft no está en línea Stack level 2

Question BlackBerry 7290 and Nokia 770... Connectivity???

Advertisement

Possibly a new project for me...

I plan to get the Nokia 770 Internet Tablet and have it use the Blackberry 7290 as a Bluetooth modem, when WI-FI is not available.

The Nokia 770 is Linux-based... Since I am in the process of experimenting with Bluetooth, I may make a program to exchange data with the BB7290. The Nokia 770 has a Memory Card expansion slot for RS-MMC. The idea would be to use that as "overflow" for the BB7290. Both devices would be connected, either via Bluetooth or USB.

The Nokia 770 should allow me to send/receive attachments via E-Mail when connected to the Blackberry 7290.

The Nokia 770 costs $399, which is about the costs of all the commercial software needed for the Blackberry 7290. (eOffice, IM+, etc.)

Anyone know if I'll have any connectivity issues?
    MirandaSoft! International http://www.MirandaSoft.net
    Owner of Treo 600 (T-Mobile)

aj125 no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: BlackBerry 7290 and Nokia 770... Connectivity???

I am planning to use Nokia 770 with Blackberry 7130e from Verizon. Any info you would like to share on your experience with BB7290?

ffmike no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    21C0D135

As far as I know, so far you cant use the blootooth on your BB for anything except headsets.

sn1p3r no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

You Can't exhange any data between the nokia and the bb. For now BB are now able to share data other than with DM on your PC. And if I don't do an error the 7290 is not tethered modem capable.

krsdj1 no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by MirandaSoft
    Possibly a new project for me...

I plan to get the Nokia 770 Internet Tablet and have it use the Blackberry 7290 as a Bluetooth modem, when WI-FI is not available.

The Nokia 770 is Linux-based... Since I am in the process of experimenting with Bluetooth, I may make a program to exchange data with the BB7290. The Nokia 770 has a Memory Card expansion slot for RS-MMC. The idea would be to use that as "overflow" for the BB7290. Both devices would be connected, either via Bluetooth or USB.

The Nokia 770 should allow me to send/receive attachments via E-Mail when connected to the Blackberry 7290.

The Nokia 770 costs $399, which is about the costs of all the commercial software needed for the Blackberry 7290. (eOffice, IM+, etc.)

Anyone know if I'll have any connectivity issues?
    I have a blackberry pearl and a nokia 770 and i tried to pair these and its impossible for some reason i get a message on the nokia no services available.I looked on the blackberryforums.com and they also say its impossible,I can use the blackberry pearl as a wireless modem for my laptop computer though and it works great the speed is ok. I wish there was something i can do so these can pair together?

Isioma no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23019C51

I tried using mobile shark and it did not work so i gave up