Hi all I'm new to the blackberry world... I have a Nokia E61, and I ... Android Smartphones forum

rlmtech no está en línea Stack level 1

BB Connect VS Blackberry Device

Advertisement

Hi all I'm new to the blackberry world...

I have a Nokia E61, and I am trying to get my carrier to setup blackberry dataplan for me.

My problem is they are saying that even thou the E61 has blackberry connect it is not supported on their network...

Can some one please explain to me what is the difference with a rim blackberry device and the E61 or any other device that uses BBC? In terms of technical setup?

or can I just tell my carrier that I have a BB and have them set it up that way?

Thanks

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT

Re: BB Connect VS Blackberry Device

I am not sure which carrier you use(it's not in your profile) but I know as Cing/ATT sales we have the e62 Nokia and it has to have a specific BB pkge due to the fact it is not a bb made device. I think it is 44.99 for unld access-only option available here!! Hope this helps!

rlmtech no está en línea Stack level 1

My Carrier Is Digicel (i'm in the caribbean)

the phone generates a pin and has all the routing information such as ip address and port etc configured automatically.

I dont know if this is any help
    but I dont see why it wont work if the phone can configure all these settings?

Thanks

thbassman do you mind contacting me via pm?

ineedspeed no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24270d4c

They don't support it doesn't mean it won't work. I have used an E62 and E61i on the T-mobile system and all you need is a BIS or BES account. These two models aren't supported by T-mobile either. All the system cares about is your Pin and IMEI number matching. Call them up and tell them you have an 8700 or 8800 or whatever model you feel like tellig them you have. Have them setup your BIS or BES account and have them push the books to you if they don't have an online portal for your BIS account whic I'm sure they have.

marhen no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    204ed2b9

Hi all,

kindly need your experinced and knowldge why there are a lot of lack if we are using BB Connect rather than BB Handheld? is it the source are from network carriers or the compatibility of BB Connect software? :-)

i've tried to Change from BB Connect to te Handheld, and it works normally, it's happened to one of BB Connect brands. and my friends also informed same with my matter also.
    kindly need your suggestion :-)
    Warm Regards,

MarBerry
    using XL GPRS Wireless Network