Hi all I'm new to the world of blackberry. I currently Own a Nokia E61, ... Android Smartphones forum

rlmtech no está en línea Stack level 1

Smile BB Connect Carrier Question

Advertisement

Hi all I'm new to the world of blackberry.

I currently Own a Nokia E61, hopefully i'll be getting a BB Curve this week but..

My problem is I would like to get Blackberry email on my E61, my carrier (Digicel) says they do not support the Nokia phones for email. sounded like the ppl I spoke to had absolutely no idea about these phones supporting BB..

I would like to know if the carrier needs to have any special software running in order to have BIS provisioned on a sim for BBC? Or if i can just tell them I own X blackberry and the PIN and IMEI # to have this setup?

Thanks....

Dasher no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    21F6D890

Re: BB Connect Carrier Question

Hi rimtech! Welcome to Pinstack! I remember having using a SE P990i. I informed my service provider that I'm interested with the BlackBerry Internet Service. They activated my account and gave me the site to register my device. After setting up my account I tried sending the service books. It worked for me, and I hope it works for you too. Please enjoy your stay and please let us know if you need anything.

Cheers!

Jude

By the way heres the site for your service provider: http://digicel.blackberry.com/
    A fool always finds a greater fool to admire him. Fools admire, but men of sense approve.

i know the site but every time i try to register the e61 it says error with pin and imei...

the CS ppl are telling me that they DO NOT support Blackberry Connect.. so i was wondering if its really something the need to support internally.

I got my curve today just need to get the unlock code from cingular ....

ok so if there are any other ppl like myself out there thats looking for the answer to this question.

It works.

I activated my BB Plan with my curve the put the sim in the e61 logged into the bis site and it recognized the new pin and everything worked fine.

I assume this would be the same with all carriers..