Hi all I just got an unlocked BB 8800. I set everything up and it ... Android Smartphones forum

NIgglesworth no está en línea Stack level 1

BB 8800 on Fido, worked fine for a day, then won't send/recieve e-mails

Advertisement

Hi all

I just got an unlocked BB 8800. I set everything up and it worked fine for a day. Now it won't send or recieve e-mails????

I spoke with Fido, and they say that the BB connect is active and working... though once they found out that I did not have a fido phone, they refused to troubleshoot further?!

Anyone have any suggestions. I have tried to send myself a service book, I have checked all my settings and have even tried another e-mail account. I am really hoping I can get this fixed.

Thanks

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Re: BB 8800 on Fido, worked fine for a day, then won't send/recieve e-mails

Welcome to pinstack. Try to take the battery out and replace it. Also try to delete all your email accounts and set them up again.

Good luck, let us know.

rjedward no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID

I have a challenging problem for you. I will try to be very concise here.
    BB 8700r from ebay, sold as unlocked. would not recognize rogers sim it came with and needless to say would not recognise my fido sim. wiped the BB with javaload.exe, installed 4.1.0xx device software, BB recognised Rogers sim, and I received e-mail on it indicating the BB ( or the sim - can't recall) was recorded on the network. then tried FIDO sim, "no valid sim". afterward, the BB woudl not recognise the original Rogers sim. when I try to introduce the unlock code (i got it from the seller, who maintains it was unlocked before being shipped) i can't get past "mepd" - personalization - network - disabled (among other entries) - ideas? p.s. took it to Rogers store adn clerk was able to introduce the sim from her BB - worked like a charm. tried Rogers sim from my brother's phone - nada.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Sounds like your sim card is corrupted. In the Options>Advanced Options>SIM Card option, all options have to say DISABLED for the phone to be unlocked which you say it is.

rjedward no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID

Thanks Erica.

Indeed, all of the options on the SIM card page are set to "disabled". So one would assume the phone is unlocked, no? But, nevertheless, the BB won't accept my FIDO sim or the original Rogers SIM. But it did accept the SIM that the Rogers clerk took out of her BB -- came to life immediately, boom, just like that. No, there's nothing wrong with the SIMs I've used; I can put my FIDO sim back into my Motorola and it works, and I also used my brother's active Rogers sim. (i told you it was challenging. )

Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073
    Sounds like your sim card is corrupted. In the Options>Advanced Options>SIM Card option, all options have to say DISABLED for the phone to be unlocked which you say it is.