aight...how's everybody's battery doing after a normal monday workday? i think everyone will have improved ... Android Smartphones forum

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?

battery life on a normal day...

Advertisement

aight...how's everybody's battery doing after a normal monday workday? i think everyone will have improved battery life when they get into their regular routines and stop playing with their phones continuously.

here's how mine did today...i got a spare battery (eris) at the verizon store yesterday and popped it in...ran it down to 9% and put the charge to it. i left it on the charge till well past full charge then unplugged it and plugged it in again by my bed.

today i would consider my use moderate...after 12 hrs i still have 35% left on my battery...that includes an hour and a half of pandora at the gym.so i would say that i'm getting great battery life and this new battery isn't even close to being conditioned yet.

few of my settings:
    full brightness...i don't care for the auto brightness setting
    screen timeout 1 min
    weather update... sense every hr... weatherbug every 15 min
    facebook and twitter refresh every hour
    no bluetooth or wifi
    of course....data always on

as i've always said ....the best way to improve battery life is to slip a spare into your front left pocket.
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    I have tried the same battery test on my Touch Pro 2 but every time I let my battery drain past 50% I have a problem where the font size I set decreases itself to the smallest setting. This leads to me having to reset my phone and reload all my apps. I am well past the 14 day return period (got the phone on March 6) but I wonder if this is a glitch or not. I have 2 batteries now so I will try the test again and see what happens.

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Thanks for the tips. We should eventually post an official Android battery saving tips thread.

I'm like half screen brightness with auto on. With these fancy screens the brightness makes a noticeable impact on battery longevity.

MHutch30 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    cnAsk4it
    Cat- u got a battery for the eris and it's the same, correct? Thanks for the vote of confidence- I have only heard bad battery stories. I dig this phone and it's capabilities, but the drain is inconvenient!
    The cops never think it's as funny as you do...

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Sorry guys!
    That how I Will start this post ! Knowing full well that I'm going to be lambasted to hell and back because of what I'll say next:

Wanna solve your battery concerns and problems ?
    Buy a BB 9700 !
    There I've said it ! So, I'm waiting...

MHutch30 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    cnAsk4it
    ^^LOL while that may solve the battery issue- it doesn't feed my need for gadgets/widgets and all around fun. I'm just deciding if the fun is worth the hassle, or if I should go back to boring and reliable...kinda like the women I've dated...
    The cops never think it's as funny as you do...

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    ^^^Good one, except the phones, whatever model, are more reliable and trustworthy.
    (geez I´m gonna get drilled for this...)

rdills no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    Gee, that solution is like cutting of your hand just because you caught a bad rash on it!
    You can't learn anything if you're talking!

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    I think Hayden said it best in one of these threads (and I agree) - there is no perfect smart phone. The one that serves your needs/wishes best is the one for you. Of course the problem sometimes is figuring out which one that is.

PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by delfim View Post
    Sorry guys!
    That how I Will start this post ! Knowing full well that I'm going to be lambasted to hell and back because of what I'll say next:

Wanna solve your battery concerns and problems ?
    Buy a BB 9700 !
    There I've said it ! So, I'm waiting...
    my dad usually gets 2 or 3 days on his razr...

PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by MHutch30 View Post
    Cat- u got a battery for the eris and it's the same, correct? Thanks for the vote of confidence- I have only heard bad battery stories. I dig this phone and it's capabilities, but the drain is inconvenient!
    yes...the eris has the same battery

PIN/ID
    Apple
    LOL, How do you even compare the 9700 to any android device much less the latest ones. Yes, I have had a 9700, smae thing as the 9000 but in a smaller package, 9000-same thing RIM has been putting out for years. While BB are nice ONLY if you need BES. Other than that they are outdated. We'll see what 6.0 brings but i feel it's gong to be more of the same 'ol BS. Update to 6.0, wait a week and the forums will be buzzing about "I can't" "please help" O look there's another leak with an update that gives nothing but the falsehood that your doing something and actually wasting an hour of your life doing it. I use my phone for business and while my BB served me well for years my Androids do just as well and are just as efficient if not more. No longer do i have to open my calender(which sucks on the BB compared to Android) to see whats going on. If you use BES then you're kinda stuck and a BB is for you. If you are not, then why would you stick with outdated tech. Good to talk to you again del.

green_light no está en línea Stack level 3
    The first couple nights of trying to charge my N1 resulted in me waking up only to find the phone was at about 20% battery level. Since then I've installed System Panel from the Market, it helps to keep an eye on open applications and gives accurate battery information. Now I shut everything down before I go to sleep...phone is at 100% when I wake up now.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    [QUOTE=BHP77;1258193... Good to talk to you again del.[/QUOTE]

Hi BHP77, only noticed your greeting now ! Geez you´re a BB batterer...haven´t changed, have you ?
    Have you got the dates for your GP in Portimăo ?