I just wanted to let my fellow androiders I made the decision to go back ... Android Smartphones forum

cgaliffi no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    22D95A46

Back to BB

Advertisement

I just wanted to let my fellow androiders I made the decision to go back to Blackberry. I missed it too much, more than I loved the Droid (which is an excellent device). I returned it a couple of days ago before my 30 day trial period and exchanged it for the S2 which was my original choice and couldn't be happier. I love it and feels like I'm back home and don't have any regrets. I don't want to bash the Droid because there isn't much to criticize. I think I'm just a blackberry lover at heart and had to leave it for a period to see how much I really missed and appreciated it. Take care and see you on the forums.

Typing this from my Storm 2!
    Opera/9.80 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/5.0.17405/1226; U; en) Presto/2.2.0

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Quote Originally Posted by cgaliffi View Post
    I just wanted to let my fellow androiders I made the decision to go back to Blackberry. I missed it too much, more than I loved the Droid (which is an excellent device). I returned it a couple of days ago before my 30 day trial period and exchanged it for the S2 which was my original choice and couldn't be happier. I love it and feels like I'm back home and don't have any regrets. I don't want to bash the Droid because there isn't much to criticize. I think I'm just a blackberry lover at heart and had to leave it for a period to see how much I really missed and appreciated it. Take care and see you on the forums.

Typing this from my Storm 2!
    Opera/9.80 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/5.0.17405/1226; U; en) Presto/2.2.0
    Wellcome back, although you never left...
    Android Is GOING to be a good option, in my opinion, but not yet...I think when Google really goes out full blast, then all others will have to watch out. Including BB.
    But for now, the BB addiction still holds the better of us !

dcgree no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    221940AC
    I too just return from a HTC Hero to a BB Bold. Though the android phone was fine, I just truly like the feel and style of the bb.

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    I think it's pretty common for people to try out new things and then return to the old. How else can you really know what you like best unless you try out something new?

Glad u found the device that fits your needs best.

Look out for 2010 tho, there WILL be some nice new devices sporting LTE among other things.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    I guess that's why I keep going back and forth between the 2 phones I use now. What I am really looking for is a keyboard that can withstand 100's of texts and a few emails daily. I actually played with an LG enV3 but it's ONLY on Verizon so I may be passing it up for now. I do like the Sidekick keyboards and may get that for my upgrade. I just wish they would put the trackpad on it instead of continuing with the trackball.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    My 30 days to change my mind ended almost two weeks ago. Sticking with the Droid and I don't miss the BB at all. Glad you are happy with your S2 though
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

Justyn no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    n/a
    I don't like the droid. Maybe because I haven't read the instruction manual, but for Blackberry, iPhone, MyTouch, they're just plain easy to use. You don't need a manual to figure the basics out. Droid just seemed too difficult for me. But I've only tried the one with the keyboard, I've yet to try the all touch one.
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7C144 Safari/528.16

cgaliffi no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    22D95A46
    Quote Originally Posted by Justyn View Post
    I don't like the droid. Maybe because I haven't read the instruction manual, but for Blackberry, iPhone, MyTouch, they're just plain easy to use. You don't need a manual to figure the basics out. Droid just seemed too difficult for me. But I've only tried the one with the keyboard, I've yet to try the all touch one.
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7C144 Safari/528.16
    The Droid was really not that difficult to use. It was just different if you were used to using something for so long (ie BB's) and took a little adjustment just like it did when I started using bb's. As we get older we are more prone not to want to change as I see it. Maybe that's why I couldn't leave BB behind.

rdills no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    That's the choices we all have. Nothing wrong with that! Thanks for not bashing the Droid just because it wasn't for you. I hear the S2 is pretty decent this time around. Enjoy!
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.0.1; en-us; Droid Build/ESD56) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Quote Originally Posted by rdills View Post
    That's the choices we all have. Nothing wrong with that! Thanks for not bashing the Droid just because it wasn't for you. I hear the S2 is pretty decent this time around. Enjoy!
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.0.1; en-us; Droid Build/ESD56) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17
    I don't think any platform needs to be bashed, at all. They make them different because we are also very different too ! It all boils down to how fast we can adapt and accept the concept.
    Going back to something we had is just a return to our comfort zone - but there is always an urge to try something new. Which brings me to my satement of the day. (Lol)-
    "Pinstackers are more prone to try something new because they are more exposed (more than other consumers)to new technology and opinions, all of value and reference."
    That's it folks...

Justyn no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    n/a
    Quote Originally Posted by delfim View Post
    Going back to something we had is just a return to our comfort zone - but there is always an urge to try something new. Which brings me to my satement of the day. (Lol)-
    "Pinstackers are more prone to try something new because they are more exposed (more than other consumers)to new technology and opinions, all of value and reference."
    That's it folks...
    I gotta be honest about something... I never wanted to switch from Blackberry. It was the best thing in the world. But I desperatly wanted to try something touchscreen. I would have switched to Verizon and got the Storm, but you see, AT&T pays for my minutes and there is no way I would let that go. So I tried some Samsung Feature phones like the Eternity and Impression and I loved them. Only thing was they weren't smartphones so they lacked in apps and games. Once I found out employees could now get the refurb iPhone for $50, I sold my Impression ang got my iPhone. Since then I haven't put it down. I made the switch that I said I would never make and I'm happy I did.since then I've been able to try the Storm and many other devices. Do I miss the BB OS? Yeah I do. But I'm very happy with iPhone.

Now onto my point. The Droid. I thought to myself, hey iPhone finally had some competition. Droid has a better camera and it runs multiple apps. I like how it was stated, phones ate different because people are different. I couldn't pick up on the Android OS like I could on the iPhone or Blackberry. Even the Pre and My Touch was easier for me. I also don't understand the point of having a virtual onscreen keyboard and a physical keyboard built into a device. People like that, IMO it's just not by bag. But again the only Droid I tried is the one woyh the Keyboard. The other one wasn't live for me to try. Is that much different? Because I still plan on checking it out. But the only way I'd switch to Verizon anyway would be if I got a job there and got their employee plan, which I understand they're laying off, and I'm looking to be promoted anyways at AT&T. My long hard work could finally pay off.