Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jfcooley

promo.jpg Ringer Mode is a simple free app which allows you to get your phone ... Android Smartphones forum

CreatioSoft no está en línea Stack level 2

Automatic switch from Silent to Ringing Mode for important calls (free)!!

Advertisement

promo.jpg

Ringer Mode is a simple free app which allows you to get your phone ringing when you receive a call from the person whose call you just cannot afford to miss even when the phone mode is silent. Quickly and easily toggle your phone's ringer mode.
    Have this amazing app at:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...=search_result

Enjoy Android apps!!

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    How does this effect battery life? I would assume of starts at start up and listens for a call event. Would have to continually run as a process wouldn't it?

Thyth no está en línea Stack level 3
    Android's intent model is powerful and perfect for this sort of application. The TelephonyManager broadcasts a ACTION_PHONE_STATE_CHANGED intent when a call is received, and if your application registers a broadcast intent handler for that intent, the associated action will be launched.

If this app has been implemented this way, I bet the battery impact is basically nothing.
    Need an eScreen code? Try my generator: http://absolous.wavegap.com/projects/escreen/

Good to hear, and good to hear from you again.

Quote Originally Posted by Thyth View Post
    Android's intent model is powerful and perfect for this sort of application. The TelephonyManager broadcasts a ACTION_PHONE_STATE_CHANGED intent when a call is received, and if your application registers a broadcast intent handler for that intent, the associated action will be launched.

If this app has been implemented this way, I bet the battery impact is basically nothing.
    Thanks dear for your valuable comment... We exactly have followed the same step which you have mentioned in your post.
    It has no bad impact on battery so everyone who needs this type of app can use it...

Quote Originally Posted by jfcooley View Post
    How does this effect battery life? I would assume of starts at start up and listens for a call event. Would have to continually run as a process wouldn't it?
    Ya you can use it...as it has no battery related issues....

I'll give it a shot. Will see how it works at work.
    RogerG likes this.

Not working with jellybean.
    Attempted several calls even after reading help file. No ring in silent mode.

Given that it has some positive reviews, I will give it the benifit of the doubt and assume its because of jellybean or the custom cm10.

Quote Originally Posted by jfcooley View Post
    Not working with jellybean.
    Attempted several calls even after reading help file. No ring in silent mode.

Given that it has some positive reviews, I will give it the benifit of the doubt and assume its because of jellybean or the custom cm10.
    Thanks for letting us know that...We will check this problem and will try to rectify it as soon as possible...

Cool. I'll give it another try once updated.